Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2008, 01:29 PM

252 posts, read 1,071,717 times

Advertisements

When you get away from the downtown area and drive to the other side of bardstown where the bulk of the housing is, I think I remember some iffy areas. I don't know if they are really iffy or they appeared to be. Is there a few neighborhoods that I shouldn't think about living in? I am on my own and not young anymore..lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2008, 07:06 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
When you get away from the downtown area and drive to the other side of bardstown where the bulk of the housing is, I think I remember some iffy areas. I don't know if they are really iffy or they appeared to be. Is there a few neighborhoods that I shouldn't think about living in? I am on my own and not young anymore..lol.
Not really. Almost anywhere east of 9th street is fairly safe. Old Louisville is safe but can be seedy on its edges. Smoketown is somewhat higher crime and it is east of 9th street. It is bordered by Broadway on the north, Hill street in the south, Floyd Street on the west and Logan Street on the east. Kind of like a little rough square shape area centered around Shelby Park (but this area has seen some gentrification recently, espeically in the east Oak Street corridor). Outside this, the only other sort of unsafe area outside the west end is Newburgh, which is a suburb. Any street anywhere near or crossing Bardstown Rd is EXTREMELY safe. It is even safer on the east side of Bardstown Rd closer to Cherokee Park (and thus more upscale and more expensive). Make sure you drive up Bardstown Road, Fourth Street, Barret Ave, Eastern Parkway, Frankfort Ave, BonnyCastle Ave, Douglass Blvd, Cherokee Road, Willow Avenue, Lexington Road, Canons Lane, Chenoweth Lane, and Herr Lane and any of the roads that intersect these roads.

If you would like to see some upscale suburban areas, try driving around Prospect, Glenview Ave, Norton Commons Boulevard, or Lake Forest Parkway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area