Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 PM

22 posts, read 58,371 times

Advertisements

What does anybody think of the area around Goss Ave? Still house shopping and found something likable in this area (see attachment.) It's got to be better than Oak and Clay at least... What's the word on crime etc. in the area? We have been driving by daily and haven't seen anything sketchy yet.

The place we are looking is on the south side of Goss very near the Antique Mall that is there. I would prefer the north side (Elision or so) but nothing nice is available right now. The street looks pretty nice. The cars look decent - nothing really ****ty or anything. Somebody on the street has had some junk and a couch on their front porch the last few weeks and they could just been doing work indoors or something - but with all the moisture this last week it seems it wouldn't be a very smart decision.

Anybody have any thoughts?
Attached Thumbnails
Goss Ave Area?-goss-ave-area.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2009, 11:01 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,747,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Girl From The Country View Post
What does anybody think of the area around Goss Ave? Still house shopping and found something likable in this area (see attachment.) It's got to be better than Oak and Clay at least... What's the word on crime etc. in the area? We have been driving by daily and haven't seen anything sketchy yet.

The place we are looking is on the south side of Goss very near the Antique Mall that is there. I would prefer the north side (Elision or so) but nothing nice is available right now. The street looks pretty nice. The cars look decent - nothing really ****ty or anything. Somebody on the street has had some junk and a couch on their front porch the last few weeks and they could just been doing work indoors or something - but with all the moisture this last week it seems it wouldn't be a very smart decision.

Anybody have any thoughts?
Very safe, and very up and coming! A good and wise buy as many young couples are moving in this area. Lots of good local bars from Zeppelin cafe to Pour Hous to Nachbar. I would try and stay closer to Ellison Ave and the St Michael's Cemetery area, but anywhere south of the railroad tracks on your map is fine! Many people who want a house with at least a littel yard who are priced out of the Highlands look in that area. Lots of hip people around there, along with the old timers and old school blue collar people.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM

5,476 posts, read 12,247,018 times
I was just going to say what Stx did: south of the rr tracks. I did a lot of walking in that area by the antique mall and its neighborhoods. Lots of cute shotguns and nice brick homes too. I am a single female and I never felt unsafe walking in that area.

Old 01-09-2009, 08:57 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
There are some larger (4-5 bedroom) craftsman style houses along Texas Ave and points just south. It's kind of a mixture of working class residents and young professionals who want something more affordable than The Highlands. When Snitch Magazine was still running 40217 was always one of the safest ZIP codes in the city limits
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area