Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:40 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,086,477 times

Advertisements

I found this by accident (as usual) :

"Southern Belles," the reality show currently being filmed in Louisville, will air 10 one-hour episodes on SOAPnet in 2009. The docu-soap, as the network calls it, stars five local ladies: Emily Gimmel, Julie Smith, Shae Johnson, Hadley Hartz and Kellie Fenley. The show is being produced by Endemol USA (which has produced numerous TV series, including "Deal or No Deal" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition") in association with ABC Media Productions.

Anybody know when this will air? I can't find anything else out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2009, 02:14 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I found this by accident (as usual) :

"Southern Belles," the reality show currently being filmed in Louisville, will air 10 one-hour episodes on SOAPnet in 2009. The docu-soap, as the network calls it, stars five local ladies: Emily Gimmel, Julie Smith, Shae Johnson, Hadley Hartz and Kellie Fenley. The show is being produced by Endemol USA (which has produced numerous TV series, including "Deal or No Deal" and "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition") in association with ABC Media Productions.

Anybody know when this will air? I can't find anything else out.
I dont know, but there has been a preview at prime lounge downtown. what is soapnet?

I do know the national exposure from American Idol this week was probably as much or more than the city has seen in years. I didnt get to see the show did you? Most people dont even know about Derby, but they know about Idol outside Louisville. What I have mostly found in my travels is people either A) have no opinion of Louisville B) get it confused with Lexington C) have no idea its a metro of 1.3 million and D) have no idea what an awesome city it is until they vist for Derby, which also makes them think its a southern belle touristy city, and it really is none of that.

Old 01-23-2009, 06:08 AM

I guess soapnet is a website to watch soaps on, I don't know. As far as no one else knowing about Derby, you can sure bet that other states in the South know all about it and even have their own Derby parties!

Old 01-23-2009, 04:37 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,749,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
I guess soapnet is a website to watch soaps on, I don't know. As far as no one else knowing about Derby, you can sure bet that other states in the South know all about it and even have their own Derby parties!
many of the people who know about Derby think its in lexington. many people get louisville and lexington confused. However, theyd never get chicago and new york confused, and thats how big the difference is between louisville and lexington.

Old 01-23-2009, 05:13 PM

631 posts, read 1,886,597 times
Here's a link to a great article about the show. I don't have soapnet so I hope they air the shows online or another abc owned cable/satellite channel because I can't wait to see it.

The Voice Tribune - 5 Fair Ladies

Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,483,414 times
As a soap tv addict I really can't wait for that show to air - not

Old 01-23-2009, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_eyedgirl View Post
Here's a link to a great article about the show. I don't have soapnet so I hope they air the shows online or another abc owned cable/satellite channel because I can't wait to see it.

The Voice Tribune - 5 Fair Ladies
That is awesome! I wish I had cable now

Old 01-23-2009, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
many of the people who know about Derby think its in lexington. many people get louisville and lexington confused. However, theyd never get chicago and new york confused, and thats how big the difference is between louisville and lexington.
That's not necessarily true either. There are also several who come here for the Derby. Not to mention there are alot of articles about Louisville in Southern Living magazine. As far as the rest of the country, I don't know.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:00 PM

666 posts, read 2,538,193 times
i think louisville does play itself off to tourists as a "southern belle" city, especially at Churchill Downs. I dont have a problem with that, because Louisville has traditionally and historically been a southern city. By the way, I hate how American Idol made Louisville seem very redneck by playing banjo music throughout the whole show, and by making a big deal about that guy saying "be careful". You could obviously tell he was just trying to be nice, people say that to me all the time, but the judges made it seem like he was threatening them. it makes me mad.

Old 01-24-2009, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdawg View Post
i think louisville does play itself off to tourists as a "southern belle" city, especially at Churchill Downs. I dont have a problem with that, because Louisville has traditionally and historically been a southern city. By the way, I hate how American Idol made Louisville seem very redneck by playing banjo music throughout the whole show, and by making a big deal about that guy saying "be careful". You could obviously tell he was just trying to be nice, people say that to me all the time, but the judges made it seem like he was threatening them. it makes me mad.
I agree, even my 14 year old daughter was mad that the judges acted to stupid over that poor man who was obviously terrified! What I am saying though is that in this part of the country people know the difference between Louisville and Lexington if for no other reason for Louisville and Kentucky basketball.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: