Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times

Advertisements

Greetings from Nashville.

6 of us are coming up next Saturday for a bachelor's party (we're all in our late 20s-early 30s). Maybe hitting a couple of distilleries on the Bourbon Trail before arriving to Churchill Downs for some afternoon races. Maybe catch a Bats game that night.

Just curious where you all would suggest hanging out...good bars (not clubby places...just good places to drink some beers/whiskey and have a good time) good restaurants, or anything else you'd suggest.

Thanks in advance guys!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2010, 10:01 PM

41 posts, read 133,140 times
If your going to be downtown for a Bats game, you'll be just down the street from 4th Street Live. There's a lot of bars and restaurants down there, a lot of clubs too but enough bars too even it out.

WELCOME TO FOURTH STREET LIVE!

Being that it is a bachelor party there are a few strip clubs down by where you will be. The best will be "PT's" located on Market street. They have a full kitchen and claim to have one of the best steaks in Louisville, but I can't vouch for that. Also a few strip clubs located on Chestnut Street. I haven't been there in a few years so can't speak on them.

VCGH - PTs Showclub - Louisville, KY

Your best bet would be to hit up the Bardstown road and Baxter avenue area. That is where the majority of bars in Louisville are. You can do a pub crawl/bar hop from one to the other being that all of them are within walking distance. There's a good mix of restaurants and bars along Bardstown and Baxter shouldn't have a problem finding something to do.

Old 05-15-2010, 04:10 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonCorleone View Post
Greetings from Nashville.

6 of us are coming up next Saturday for a bachelor's party (we're all in our late 20s-early 30s). Maybe hitting a couple of distilleries on the Bourbon Trail before arriving to Churchill Downs for some afternoon races. Maybe catch a Bats game that night.

Just curious where you all would suggest hanging out...good bars (not clubby places...just good places to drink some beers/whiskey and have a good time) good restaurants, or anything else you'd suggest.

Thanks in advance guys!

Ideas:

Urban Bourbon Trail - Bourbon Country, Kentucky

I also agree with PT's and the Bardstown/Baxter, but also St Matthews scene.

Also do not miss Bourbon's Bistro on Frankfort Avenue which has I believe 200 whiskeys and bourbons. This will also put you in another cool urban nabe with lots of great restaurants too.

Depending on the part of the city you are in, you cannot go wrong with the Oshea's family of pubs which have several locations, each with a much different vibe:

Welcome to O'Shea's

For food advice try the free forum at louisvillehotbytes.com You will need to get specific on what kinds of stuff you are looking for food wise, because Louisville has a much more sophisticated foodie scene than Nashville.

You may also want to check out the thread about the bachelorette party where I give more advice to some ladies coming from a northern neighbor on I-65.

Old 05-16-2010, 06:09 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,080,858 times
If you all doing the strip club thing I hear PT's is the best

Old 05-16-2010, 05:10 PM

3,828 posts, read 8,471,263 times
Thanks for the advice guys. We'll probably steer clear of the strip clubs, but who knows where the night may take us.

Bourbon Bistro sounds great! I'll definitely check that out.

Bardstown Rd sounds exactly what we're looking for.

I've also heard that the buffet at Churchill Downs is good. We're getting tickets in the Millionaire's Row section...I guess the buffet is there. Does anyone know if it comes with the ticket or how much it is?

Thanks for y'all's help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area