Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2016, 08:03 AM

846 posts, read 1,416,893 times

Advertisements

FedEx building new distribution center, planning to open in 2017

A large distribution center in the I-75 Business Park in south Bibb County would replace a smaller facility built about 10 years ago.

Although it has been under construction for months, FedEx officials agreed Tuesday to disclose some information about the new facility.

FedEx Ground is building a 248,000-square-foot distribution center on Frank Amerson Jr. Parkway, according to an email from Allie Addoms, with the company’s public relations department at its headquarters near Pittsburgh. It is expected to be fully operational in July 2017.

Read more here: FedEx Ground is building a new distribution center in the I-75 Business Park in south Bibb County, Ga. | The Telegraph
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2016, 08:37 AM

6,479 posts, read 7,200,120 times
This is great news! Macon is quickly becoming a major logistics hub not only for the state, but for the entire southeast. This is all the more reason to build I-14 and to build an intermodal hub in Macon.

Old 10-11-2016, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
This is great news! Macon is quickly becoming a major logistics hub not only for the state, but for the entire southeast. This is all the more reason to build I-14 and to build an intermodal hub in Macon.
I agree!! This is another reason why local leaders need to make expanding the Middle Ga Regional Airport's Runway a priority.....

Old 10-12-2016, 09:25 PM

70 posts, read 60,870 times
i agree the next step is to expand he Runway. if not go into a co op with RAFB. to use there runway for larger aircraft. to bring logistic companies here. with us being in the center of the state that would be huge. it will bring in jobs.

Old 10-14-2016, 03:26 AM

71 posts, read 58,275 times
Default The vote is at hand

The powers that be agree and want the public to make the right choice. Airport runway extension could bring hundreds of central Georgia jobs | 13wmaz.com

Old 10-15-2016, 10:47 AM

70 posts, read 60,870 times
the problem with the splost is they keep on saying they are going to expand the runway, but they word the splost so they can move funds from this project to another & do there pet projects. it will never end. & you can bet it will happen again. they do what they want & there is nothing we can do. if we vote agaist the splost then they raise taxes they will get there money one way or another to do what they want

Old 10-24-2016, 09:54 PM

2,428 posts, read 2,498,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtownMacon View Post
FedEx building new distribution center, planning to open in 2017

A large distribution center in the I-75 Business Park in south Bibb County would replace a smaller facility built about 10 years ago.

Although it has been under construction for months, FedEx officials agreed Tuesday to disclose some information about the new facility.

FedEx Ground is building a 248,000-square-foot distribution center on Frank Amerson Jr. Parkway, according to an email from Allie Addoms, with the company’s public relations department at its headquarters near Pittsburgh. It is expected to be fully operational in July 2017.

Read more here: FedEx Ground is building a new distribution center in the I-75 Business Park in south Bibb County, Ga. | The Telegraph
This is great news for the Macon area.. it would be great to see more white collar positions pop up as well.

Old 10-25-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oobanks View Post
This is great news for the Macon area.. it would be great to see more white collar positions pop up as well.
I agree... I would love to see them land more companies similar to GEICO to help retain a lot of the College students who attend school in Macon and surrounding areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
View detailed profiles of: