Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2017, 05:09 PM

1,946 posts, read 7,382,034 times

Advertisements

Just came back from Macon and saw beautiful homes in this area. The names were I believe historic Ingleside and Vineville. Very pretty area. Is it safe? There were quite a few houses for sale. Does anyone know why so many houses are for sale? Due to the local economy? Thanks!!!

Last edited by oldhousegirl; 04-08-2017 at 06:07 PM.. Reason: error
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 12:23 PM

Nobody knows?? Hmm.

Old 04-09-2017, 01:00 PM

1,389 posts, read 2,262,781 times
The area is nice and overall safe. Beautiful shaded walkable streets. The reason there are so many for sale is because there are many older people and as they "depart" the homes take a long time to sell because of the zoned schools. Families won't buy there unless they are planning on private school. The school issue greatly limits the pool of potential buyers. If schools aren't an issue, you can get a lot of bang for your buck.

Old 04-09-2017, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgeorgiaman View Post
The area is nice and overall safe. Beautiful shaded walkable streets. The reason there are so many for sale is because there are many older people and as they "depart" the homes take a long time to sell because of the zoned schools. Families won't buy there unless they are planning on private school. The school issue greatly limits the pool of potential buyers. If schools aren't an issue, you can get a lot of bang for your buck.
Ahhh. Thank you! The schools, it's always the schools. I puttered a bit around and saw the Kroger which looked new, didn't see a Publix. I wish I had gone into the Kroger to check it out. I saw the local shops near the pizza place.

What really stood out were the many vacant buildings and lots. The Mercer campus seemed lively, but the downtown area did not. Not alot of people walking about downtown on Saturday afternoon which sort of surprised me.

Last edited by oldhousegirl; 04-09-2017 at 03:37 PM..

Old 04-09-2017, 08:48 PM

149 posts, read 150,464 times
Beautiful area and still is my favorite part of Macon. Ingleside and Vineville have lots of southern charm. I have lived on Ingleside and my mother lives in Histiric Vineville area still. Great community and friendly neighbors.
If you have elementary school age children there is a National blue ribbon school of excellence award winner in Macon (Alexander II) is a magnet school and excellent. Another great free school is charter school Academy for Classical Education (k-12).
Downtown Macon has been going through a recent revival mostly in Loft apartment living and restaurants. There's not alot of retail there right now but that will expand too in the future. There are 2 big developments under construction now and another planned to start later this year.

Not sure of any reason several were listed on market now except for the fact that real estate sells best in the spring so that's when most houses get listed.

I know that houses are selling very well in Macon in general with a lower than normal inventory of houses listed on the market.

Last edited by maconfinance; 04-09-2017 at 08:51 PM.. Reason: Additional information

Old 04-10-2017, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maconfinance View Post
Beautiful area and still is my favorite part of Macon. Ingleside and Vineville have lots of southern charm. I have lived on Ingleside and my mother lives in Histiric Vineville area still. Great community and friendly neighbors.
If you have elementary school age children there is a National blue ribbon school of excellence award winner in Macon (Alexander II) is a magnet school and excellent. Another great free school is charter school Academy for Classical Education (k-12).
Downtown Macon has been going through a recent revival mostly in Loft apartment living and restaurants. There's not alot of retail there right now but that will expand too in the future. There are 2 big developments under construction now and another planned to start later this year.

Not sure of any reason several were listed on market now except for the fact that real estate sells best in the spring so that's when most houses get listed.

I know that houses are selling very well in Macon in general with a lower than normal inventory of houses listed on the market.
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon