Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 06:32 PM

6,479 posts, read 7,169,483 times

Advertisements

This project will be incredible when it's complete. The Railroad District needs projects like this to jumpstart development on the other side of the tracks. I'm really excited about the park aspect of the development. I always wanted Macon to develop a park next to Terminal Station similar to Railroad Park that was built recently in Downtown Birmingham. I also would love to see the Poplar Street viaduct enlivened with some art work.

Quote:
With the help of Widner & Associates, Downtown Macon will soon be getting a new urban living space called The Lofts at Empire Yard.

“They had the vision and let us work with them,” said Matt Widner. “So we’ve really enjoyed seeing this area and following along with their vision.”

Leah did her research. For decades an abandoned building, which is going to be used for the lofts, used to be home to everything from an ice cream company, to the coal industry.

“We had to tear it down, but I wanted to really leave as much of the walls and the structure as we could,” said Leah. “I hate tearing down history, I hate getting rid of it.”

The building will be used for 28 lofts. Widner provided the planning and architecture, but Leah and Brooks had to get their hands on the designs. It’s not only going to have living space, but a park, and shops down the Sixth Street.

“The hope is when we we get the place revitalized, that we’ll get more businesses down here and it will be part of a culture for this whole street,” said Brooks.” That’s what we’re trying to do.”

“I just want it to be family friendly, said Leah. “I want it to be a place where you’re not scared to walk down the street with your children. You can play in the park, you can live here. We’ll have one to three bedroom options.”
https://www.41nbc.com/2017/06/21/mac...ment-downtown/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 08:15 PM

242 posts, read 341,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airforceguy View Post
This project will be incredible when it's complete. The Railroad District needs projects like this to jumpstart development on the other side of the tracks. I'm really excited about the park aspect of the development. I always wanted Macon to develop a park next to Terminal Station similar to Railroad Park that was built recently in Downtown Birmingham. I also would love to see the Poplar Street viaduct enlivened with some art work.

https://www.41nbc.com/2017/06/21/mac...ment-downtown/

This is going to be great.... Downtown Macon is going to be something serious in the 5-10 years......
The Lofts at Empire Yard @theloftsatempireyard Instagram Profile | Picbear
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon