Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 PM

1,741 posts, read 5,414,439 times

Advertisements

I'd like to hear reviews from people who have lived in this apartment community. Second hand (as in I know someone who lived there) is fine, too. I'd rather avoid speculation about the place based on the price of the units. I already have concerns because of that point.

Thanks in advance!

Megan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2012, 03:30 PM

Correction. It is Country Meadows I need feedback on.

Old 09-01-2012, 04:38 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,650,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megan1967 View Post
I'd like to hear reviews from people who have lived in this apartment community. Second hand (as in I know someone who lived there) is fine, too. I'd rather avoid speculation about the place based on the price of the units. I already have concerns because of that point.

Thanks in advance!

Megan

Megan, I would check this site out. I don't know anyone who resides there though.
http://www.apartmentratings.com/

Last edited by JoshB; 09-01-2012 at 05:01 PM..

Old 09-01-2012, 07:06 PM

Josh, - I read about 10 reviews of the place including the one's on the site you gave me (thank you for that btw). Half say it's great and the other half say it is a horrible place. I'm looking for current opinions. I also take what the review sites say with a grain of salt because it is such a huge complex. They are bound to have ticked off a few people. Most people review if they feel they've been wronged. Few take the time to write positive reviews.

Old 09-01-2012, 09:24 PM

4,229 posts, read 17,650,923 times
Quote:
Josh, - I read about 10 reviews of the place including the one's on the site you gave me (thank you for that btw). Half say it's great and the other half say it is a horrible place. I'm looking for current opinions. I also take what the review sites say with a grain of salt because it is such a huge complex. They are bound to have ticked off a few people. Most people review if they feel they've been wronged. Few take the time to write positive reviews.
I feel inclined to ask this. I can't remember if you were trying to sell your house? If so are you moving there?

Old 09-02-2012, 10:34 AM

No, this is for a friend. She can't afford very much and they have a big spacious apartment with new carpet, new vinyl, fresh paint and a new dishwasher. I just worry that such low rents will attract students and other people without professional jobs who like to party and be noisy. She is very sensitive to sound.

Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM

5,035 posts, read 7,500,681 times
I wish I'd have taken those ratings seriously before I moved into my apartment. The complaints I read were dead on right

Old 09-04-2012, 05:23 AM

3,961 posts, read 11,064,492 times
Quote:
Most people review if they feel they've been wronged. Few take the time to write positive reviews.
that's the truth! Reviews can give an idea but tough to use them for the only info to set a decision upon. One question i'd ask of any compex regardless of location, is if it has subsidized tenants. From what i remember with some complexes up there back in the day, and even what my sister went thru when she moved down here recently, it seemed that the management quality lagged when housing costs were paid for by the gov, and the chance for less then desirable tenants went up.
That is not a statement against anyone getting help. But it is what i've seen in my 'travels' anyhow

Old 09-04-2012, 09:28 PM

5,680 posts, read 10,359,934 times
Megan, have you considered checking in with Tenant Resource Center? I'm sure they're pretty busy just now mediating security deposit disputes from the August 14/15 turnover, but they might be able to at least tell you what kind of a landlord the owner or manager is.

Also, if you'd like me to change the title of the thread to reflect the correct name of the complex, just say the word. It's no problem at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison