Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2015, 09:49 AM

404 posts, read 898,286 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone in the Madison area!

Warmer weather is coming!!

I’m coming to Madison in a few days for an extended stay, and wonder if I could get some advice on nearby “Extended Stay” hotels.
Or a cheap motel with a weekly rate could work if not a fleabag!

I don’t see any recent threads on this. Is there anything new?

I’ve stayed at a Value Place. It was ok. Is there a Value Place near Madison?

I haven’t stayed at any of the others.
I did check one out one time and couldn’t stay. It seems depending on ownership some of them go downhill.

The Marriott chain’s extended stay places would be nice but will be too expensive for me!

My daily destination is in the direction of U-W more or less, but I can stay anywhere in the Madison area and drive.

Any suggestions of Madison area extended stay places?

All ideas appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2015, 10:30 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Are you there doing business with or visiting the University? If so, it opens up the rooms of the Union.

Old 03-03-2015, 02:06 PM

I'm not visiting U-W,
it's only that my daily drive's "destination is in the direction of U-W more or less",

I can be anywhere, but the closer to that area the better, probably.
I'm guessing something toward the outskirts of town would be less.

Thanks for your help though!

Old 03-03-2015, 03:03 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
guess depending on if your stay is a week or more, the extended stay spots may or may not be the best deal (not counting those "flea bag" spots lol).

There are a bunch of hotels on Madison's east side near East Towne mall; located off the interstate/hwy 151 that may be good options. You'd be close to restaurants, and downtown Madison is maybe 20 mins (not counting rush hour) from the mall site down 151 which is also known as East Washington Ave if you are not familiar with the area. From Microtel to Motel 6 to others that will be low to mid priced so plenty to choose from.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:26 PM

Thanks!
I had seen that area on the map, but I didn't look close enough to see those hotels. Could be possibilities. Looks like there is every retail store and restaurant that a person could ever want right there!

I've had success getting a good weekly rate at a couple Best Westerns.
But I'm still wondering, are there any of the "brand" extended stay hotels in the area?
They generally will rent by the week only.

Don't know how extended my stay will be!

Weeks for certain.

Old 03-04-2015, 01:43 PM

3,961 posts, read 11,024,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gv28 View Post
Thanks!
I had seen that area on the map, but I didn't look close enough to see those hotels. Could be possibilities. Looks like there is every retail store and restaurant that a person could ever want right there!

I've had success getting a good weekly rate at a couple Best Westerns.
But I'm still wondering, are there any of the "brand" extended stay hotels in the area?
They generally will rent by the week only.

Don't know how extended my stay will be!

Weeks for certain.
you may have to google a bit but seems to me there is an actual "ext stay" just on the other side of the interstate past the mall, over near the large American Family complex. Cant recall for sure though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Madison