Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 11:35 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times

Advertisements

My sister is coming for a visit this week. Sis loves lobster and has never had a lobstah roll before. Anyone know of the best place to get one? I've lived in Maine for over a year now, and I'm ashamed to admit I've only had lobster roll twice in that time. They were good, but didn't blow my socks off. I'm in Camden, so anywhere in Knox or Waldo county would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2010, 04:55 PM

722 posts, read 1,511,804 times
Reds eats in Wiscasset. Hands down, they put a whole lobster on the lobster roll and have some good fried clams too.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:39 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
My sister is coming for a visit this week. Sis loves lobster and has never had a lobstah roll before. Anyone know of the best place to get one? I've lived in Maine for over a year now, and I'm ashamed to admit I've only had lobster roll twice in that time. They were good, but didn't blow my socks off. I'm in Camden, so anywhere in Knox or Waldo county would be great. Thanks!
isnt there a tavern/ retaurant place on mainstreet in camden? (right hand side as you go around the post office corner)
years ago, i believe i had a lobster roll there, it was very good

red's eats (above) was featured on the food network for there lobster rolls
get there early- very busy place

Old 06-09-2010, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
isnt there a tavern/ retaurant place on mainstreet in camden? (right hand side as you go around the post office corner)
years ago, i believe i had a lobster roll there, it was very good

red's eats (above) was featured on the food network for there lobster rolls
get there early- very busy place
Do you mean Cappy's Chowder House? I had a shrimp quesadilla there last year. Yummy!! I'll have to give the lobster roll a try...

Old 06-10-2010, 05:28 AM

783 posts, read 1,575,324 times
Smile lobster...crab...ice cream...Maine sights

Hi, lovemaine!

Village Soup just held their yearly "Best of the Best" poll. I was sad to see that the Weskeag Store (at the dogleg, on the 'Keag River in South Thomaston) lost their long held title for "best Lobster Roll"; The Brass Compass, on Main St., Rockland, owns the honor this year.

Forgive me for digressing...but...I like bread...ok, I really like bread , but I've never eaten a lobster on a roll...just crab! And if you ever want the best crab roll around, hands down, the 'Keag Store! Although, there's a roadside food stand, down Rt. 131 in Tenant's Harbor, near Drift Inn Beach (the stand might be called "Drift Inn"?, I can't remember, and it's been there for years). I was down that way a couple of weeks ago and tried their crab roll. All I can say is that if their lobster roll is anything like their crab roll, you will a) be very happy, b) need a nap after you're finished eating it! But if you're that far down the peninsula, you should definitely continue to Port Clyde to Village Ice Cream Shop for the greatest Maine made ice cream on the market: Shain's. And then visit Marshall Point Light, of course! Food first, sights later!

Hope you have a great visit with you family and that you do find the best lobster roll around...and more!

Old 06-10-2010, 06:30 AM

72 posts, read 205,438 times
I personally think the Keag Store ( or gig as the locals call it) makes the best Lobstah rolls. Its in South Thomaston across from the boat launch.

Old 06-10-2010, 06:32 AM

The Keag Store it is! Thanks guys!

Old 06-10-2010, 11:49 AM

11 posts, read 49,125 times
In Wiscasset, across the street from Red's, is Sarah's. Great lobster roll and great views of the river from the dining room.

Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
I've got third the Keag store. It always has good eats.

Old 06-10-2010, 05:29 PM

73 posts, read 595,072 times
reds is great , glad we did it when we were on our way back from moosehead a couple years ago...1 hr. wait in 90+ heat was no fun though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine