Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2010, 08:22 PM

1 posts, read 1,204 times

Advertisements

Hello: I have come here to post about my two missing kitties. I have not seen them since yesterday morning 08/28/10 and I am Very worried about them both.
Tigger: is a Dark Orange Tabby, Domestic Short Hair, white fur on his neck w/2 orange spots, all 4 paws are white, white spot on 'forehead', long white whiskers, tail ends w/a orange/white blend, white belly that swings side to side when he runs. he's about 15/16 LBS. he has a great personality. However, he is not use to being around many people and is probably skittish. I call him by Tig tiggy tig or Little Man. He Is current w/all of his shots and just had a clean bill of health from vet. eg: his bloodwork is Normal - so please do not worry. He does have a collar.
Gwenie: is a Black and White, Domestic Short Hair, her face is all black but her chin is white, long white whiskers, tips of paw are white, Double Paws - oddly though one paw the extra toe is on the (usual) outside and the other paw the extra toe is on the inside, under her chin and belly is white- some black too, neck has white fur, her tail is all black. she's bout 8/9 LBS. Current on all shots and also 100% clean bill of health. She has a collar too.
We are off from Rt 100 near Gobiels Furniture and Near Upper Marginal Way. If you are in the area - Please - keep an eye out for my babies! I have 7 other kitties and I LOVE every single one of them with all of my heart and soul!!
I know it has only been a day but they Always come in at night. It is not usual for them to be gone for more than a day - always come home at night when I call for them.
I would love to be able to offer a HUGE reward but I was in an auto accident & currently not working. I will offer a reward if someone does find them or one of them. Also, if someone finds my kids/kitties I will do more when I am back on my feet. I promise!
Please keep an eye out!! I am very worried
Thank you for your time!!
Sincerely, KR
plz email if you see or find my babies: endopain@live.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2010, 04:15 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Check out Petfinder. There's a lost pet section there. Once you've posted there they automatically send you information on other sites you can post on.

Put up flyers. Call local vet offices, rescues and animal controls / shelters. Also keep in mind, there are sick people all over this country that prey on pets that are left unattended outside. The best thing you can do for your remaining cats is bring them inside 24/7.

Good luck.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:31 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Check out Petfinder. There's a lost pet section there. Once you've posted there they automatically send you information on other sites you can post on.

Put up flyers. Call local vet offices, rescues and animal controls / shelters. Also keep in mind, there are sick people all over this country that prey on pets that are left unattended outside. The best thing you can do for your remaining cats is bring them inside 24/7.

Good luck.
I'd worry far less about the sick people in Maine preying on unsuspecting cats and far more to the rising fisher population in Southern Maine. Fishers eat cats....cats are one of the fisher's favorite food!
There are alot of fishers around here now as nobody traps them anymore. Whole neighborhoods have lost their cats to fishers. We lost a cat and all of the neighbor's cats are gone now too. I suspect we will eventually lose our present cat to the fishers. Fishers are also fond of chickens, turkeys and small dogs. Fishers killed off a whole flock of free range chickens our neighbors were raising. They are fearless, nasty little varmints with long sharp claws and nasty ripping teeth. If cornered they will defend themselves vigorously. I have seen fishers lug off a 30 pound turkey. There are plenty of fishers in Gray and they are not afraid to hunt cats in fairly urban areas. They hunt in small packs of three or four and usually take more than one cat, chicken, turkey, or what have you. I suspect fishers may have been responsible for your cats going missing.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:50 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,424,202 times
Try posting on Craigslist in the Pets section and in the Lost/Found section. If you post a photo of your cats, it might help bring them home soon. They're likely in the vicinity. Print flyers and post where they went missing and send to all area vets, some newspapers will let you run ads for free too. WOuld get all your cats ID tags w/ your phone #, getting them microchipped might not be a bad idea either (more expensive though), prob. best to keep them inside as others have sugg'd. Best of luck, please keep us posted.

Old 08-30-2010, 05:00 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
I'd worry far less about the sick people in Maine preying on unsuspecting cats and far more to the rising fisher population in Southern Maine. Fishers eat cats....cats are one of the fisher's favorite food!
There are alot of fishers around here now as nobody traps them anymore. Whole neighborhoods have lost their cats to fishers. We lost a cat and all of the neighbor's cats are gone now too. I suspect we will eventually lose our present cat to the fishers. Fishers are also fond of chickens, turkeys and small dogs. Fishers killed off a whole flock of free range chickens our neighbors were raising. They are fearless, nasty little varmints with long sharp claws and nasty ripping teeth. If cornered they will defend themselves vigorously. I have seen fishers lug off a 30 pound turkey. There are plenty of fishers in Gray and they are not afraid to hunt cats in fairly urban areas. They hunt in small packs of three or four and usually take more than one cat, chicken, turkey, or what have you. I suspect fishers may have been responsible for your cats going missing.
I don't like being the bearer of additional bad news, but the rising coyote population doesn't bode well either. I lost my favorite Siamese last Sept., the feller across the stream from me just lost one of his cats and others have lost them as well.

I have been hearing many coyotes calling not too far off to the west of me in the evenings. I saw a rather large one a number of months ago crossing the highway between here and Bangor, it looked like it was a fox cross and actually an attractive looking specimen. I saw it again this past Saturday morning, but he wasn't very pretty anymore- running across the highway can be unhealthy. I also saw a pup in the wooded island inside the curve of exit 5 off 395 in Brewer.

Last year the dog brought back a Fisher skull that she found in the woods somewhere, it was fully 50% larger than the average male Fisher. It's now decorating the mantel over the woodstove.

I never really had much concern about wandering around in the woods here but lately I've been thinking that it might not be a bad idea to have a pistol handy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine