Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2012, 09:10 PM

13 posts, read 19,659 times

Advertisements

A favorite of ours is South of the Border in Lewiston. Whenever we get the chance, we stop in there for a treat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2012, 11:57 PM

72 posts, read 170,528 times
Why can't you just make one?

A burrito is not some complex, intricate, difficult creation akin to the most sophisticated of French cuisine. It's a freakin' burrito.

The best burrito you've ever had requires the following: fresh, mainstream, readily available ingredients, a 101 understanding of portioning and an hour or so of free time.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:06 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,537,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mid-Level Internetting View Post
Few people want to cook at home all the time. A lot of us want to go out to eat now and then.

Old 05-26-2012, 05:07 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,537,201 times
Quote:

A burrito is not some complex, intricate, difficult creation akin to the most sophisticated of French cuisine. It's a freakin' burrito.
Few people want to cook at home all the time. A lot of us want to go out to eat now and then. It was an easy-to-understand freakin' question.

Old 05-26-2012, 02:32 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
I kinda like the elmonterey and lascapanas burritos (i dont care how authentic or if they arent a genuine burrito, the things are tasty) and quick to cook at home
they are found in the frozen meats- I add some more shredded cheese on for flavor

the only time ive ordered a burrito in a restaurant was in marguerita's, and it was good- (no wonder I like the store bought stuff )

Old 05-26-2012, 07:17 PM

36 posts, read 56,509 times
I write books about food, blogs about food, teach classes about food, dream about food, make our food from scratch 3X's a day-7 days a week, and let me tell you..when my birthday comes around and the hubs wants to take me to the crappy chinese buffet..I am the in the car before the words are all out of his mouth.

Of course I can make it myself, but going out once in a Blue Moon is suweeet!

Amy J

Last edited by TheFarmingWife; 05-26-2012 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: Typo

Old 05-27-2012, 04:02 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,204,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFarmingWife View Post
I write books about food, blogs about food, teach classes about food, dream about food, make our food from scratch 3X's a day-7 days a week, and let me tell you..when my birthday comes around and the hubs wants to take me to the crappy chinese buffet..I am the in the car before the words are all out of his mouth.

Of course I can make it myself, but going out once in a Blue Moon is suweeet!

Amy J
I love the chinese buffets, some of the stuff could be a bit dry, oversalty,

but damn, I need to avoid them- after the third plate, There goes my diet

Old 05-27-2012, 04:29 AM

1,463 posts, read 3,266,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Not a sit-down order from the waiter style restaurant. I mean a burrito wrapped in paper or foil that I can take to the park. And a burrito that actually tastes good.

And no, Taco Bell doesn't count. That doesn't qualify as "food," much less "good food."
I was going to say Taco Bell but you beat me to it! I don't know as if I ever saw a Mexican Restaurant up in Maine, perhaps Southern Maine? I use to live waaaaay up in Northern Maine where they called a grinder an EYE-TALIAN sandwhich so who knows what all else they have up there now! Let us know if you find a good Burritto.

Old 05-27-2012, 04:35 AM

3,036 posts, read 5,885,476 times
Quote:

The best burrito you've ever had requires the following: fresh, mainstream, readily available ingredients, a 101 understanding of portioning and an hour or so of free time.
Heck, steak and potatos isn't difficult but it's noce to go out to supper from time to time.

Go back and read post #40

Old 05-27-2012, 08:03 AM

7,058 posts, read 9,075,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Heck, steak and potatos isn't difficult but it's nice to go out to supper from time to time.

Go back and read post #40
Mmmmmm, last night for our anniversary celebration we had a scrumptious grilled Fillet Mignon with sage and onion mashed potatoes, baby peas, baby carrots in a brown sugar sauce and steamed asparagus, accompanied by a very nice 2008 Domaine La Garrigue Cotes du Rhone. Dessert was a chocolate mousse cake with a Nashoba Valley raspberry wine. Pre-dinner drink was a nice 12-year old Elijah Craig single-barrel bourbon.

Might have been nice to go out for it, but I doubt if anyone else could have done it as well as I did and it probably would have cost $300 or more, not to mention risking a DUI on the drive home- much better to just stagger up the stairs and fall into bed, stuffed silly and pleasantly potted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine