Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 01:56 PM

36 posts, read 56,529 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
I would suggest looking around Charlotte or the Princeton area.
Thanks! We did find one farmhouse in Charlotte I think. The problem is that online there is only a small percentage of places to look at..ugh. I think we will keep scouring, but finally end up just finding a place to rent while we look.

Warmly,
Amy J
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 02:19 PM

3,036 posts, read 5,888,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFarmingWife View Post
Thanks! We did find one farmhouse in Charlotte I think. The problem is that online there is only a small percentage of places to look at..ugh. I think we will keep scouring, but finally end up just finding a place to rent while we look.

Warmly,
Amy J

Not sure if you have a few realtor site but posting them anyway won't cost either of us any money.

Due East Real Estate | Welcome

Cobscook Property Management - Eastport Vacation Rentals & Property Management & Real Estate

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...876/pg-1/zl-11

You might also want to try Perry, Pembroke, Edmunds, Dennysville, It may take some digging. Quite a few have gotten out of farming a while ago and subdivided to make some money. Happy hunting.

Old 05-09-2012, 02:04 PM

Thanks SOO much! I found the perfect place that fits what we want and where we want to be. Now to plan our flight and be able to go check it out. BTW, it's the Katie's on the cove, in Robbertson. Just perfect. :-)

Amy J

Old 05-09-2012, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Thanks SOO much! I found the perfect place that fits what we want and where we want to be. Now to plan our flight and be able to go check it out. BTW, it's the Katie's on the cove, in Robbertson. Just perfect. :-)

Amy J
Better check that name again. LOL Robbinston. I didn't know that was up for sale. Nice place. Definitely close to the water but watch the traffic on Rt. 1. Good luck and a safe trip.

Old 05-09-2012, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
Better check that name again. LOL Robbinston. I didn't know that was up for sale. Nice place. Definitely close to the water but watch the traffic on Rt. 1. Good luck and a safe trip.
bwahahaah! So sorry about that. I was rushing to share and never spell checked.

Amy J

Old 05-13-2012, 03:05 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Best of luck!

I still plan - some day - to make it to Maine. It's been a dream for me for so many years and we've gotten so very close a couple times and something always comes up. We're hoping for Eastport, but it's looking like we'll probably be in Calais when the day comes. Seems more affordable for us and being on the mainland I'm sure the proximity to hospitals and such for hubby will be much better!

So excited to see where you land! Until I make it, I will live vicariously through you and so many others that have made their Maine move dream come true!

Old 05-13-2012, 08:07 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:

Amy J
The view from Katie's is pretty. I think you'll like it there.

Old 05-16-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
The view from Katie's is pretty. I think you'll like it there.
It looks so pretty from the cyber stalking that I've been doing. Right now, we are working out the details so hubs and I can fly out there to take a peek.
I just hope all my enthusiasm wont bring too much attention to the place. Ack!

Amy J

Old 05-25-2012, 02:17 PM

Since I can't share my drama anywhere else, we have a potential buyer for our farm! He has 48 hours to come up with the earnest money and then we are golden. It's going to be a looonngg 48 hours.

Amy J

Old 05-25-2012, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Since I can't share my drama anywhere else, we have a potential buyer for our farm! He has 48 hours to come up with the earnest money and then we are golden. It's going to be a looonngg 48 hours.

Amy J
Congrats. Hope it works out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine