Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2006, 10:05 AM

18 posts, read 66,744 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

Is anyone out there familiar w/ Mid-State Machine in Winslow? Would appricate any input on this company. My dh is currently in the interviewing process with this company and provided they make him a good offer, we will be re-locating to Maine.

Thanks in advance for you input.
Jena
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 PM

26 posts, read 180,886 times
I don't know much about the company, know a bit more about the area as I have family down that way. Winslow and its sister city Waterville are both very nice. Good schools, location is only about 15 mins north of the capital (Augusta); decent shopping, nice restaurants. There are some beautiful places close by, China Lake in particular is lovely. I tried to get the company website open but it seems to be having *issues*. Check out the websites for each city, loads of information there you might find useful

Old 08-30-2006, 09:01 AM

18 posts, read 66,744 times
Default skyesmom40

Thank you for the positive feedback. My dh wants to move to Maine so bad that the can already smell the fresh air.LOL! Me, I'm a bit nervous but also very excited. I have gone on the cities web site and just wish that there were more pictures. However, from the ones I have seen, it looks so beautiful there. I'm hoping I won't have a difficult time finding a job myself. I intend on taking time off to get my son situated as well as my handicap brother but will still want to work once I have them taken care of.

Again, thank you for the response. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Jena

Old 09-03-2006, 12:10 AM

26 posts, read 180,886 times
You are very welcome! There are lots of places in that area to work, it has really grown in the past 10 - 15 years. Some of the surrounding towns are Fairfield, Oakland, Clinton, Burnham...more rural setting but still close enough to be worth looking at. if you try one of the new Windows features, Live Map, (use all three words.......W..L..M..in your browser to find it ) and set it to aerial view, you can get a reallllly good look at the area. You also won't be far from Augusta. Depending on what sort of facilities/programs your brother needs, there are agencies that not only provide the services, but can coordinate and refer you to things that are available locally. One of the things I always enjoy when I am there is that a large number of the *locals* are of french-canadian families. Theres a great ice cream place a couple of minutes from "downtown' Winslow...hehehehe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine