Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 02:34 PM

228 posts, read 220,826 times

Advertisements

Welcome to Aroostook County it's in print now will someone believe me once and a while newspaper's do tell the truth. 2 articles one about our grat police force and the other about DHS stealing from the elderly and Judge Hunter giving him a whole 30 day's in jail! And also DA alo commenting he doesn't want to put it in the paper so he could have a fair trial(the officer) that's never stopped Niel Adam's(DA) before I think he has a red phone right to the Paper's when it's to his benefit!What a great area !!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2007, 03:41 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,076,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Let's tell the truth View Post
Welcome to Aroostook County it's in print now will someone believe me once and a while newspaper's do tell the truth. 2 articles one about our grat police force and the other about DHS stealing from the elderly and Judge Hunter giving him a whole 30 day's in jail! And also DA alo commenting he doesn't want to put it in the paper so he could have a fair trial(the officer) that's never stopped Niel Adam's(DA) before I think he has a red phone right to the Paper's when it's to his benefit!What a great area !!
Let's see, 'Chris of Bangor' commented on both articles and makes spelling errors similar to yours. Coincidence?

Would you rather have seen the PIPD let the guy go because he was a fellow cop? *That* certainly happens plenty of times in other places. I think it's a positive and shows that the area is serious about upholding the law, even to prosecuting one of their own who breaks it.

As for the DHS worker, he copped a plea rather than go to trial, and saved the taxpayers some money. He got more than 30 days- He paid full restitution, got 2 years suspended (which he will have to serve if he gets caught for anything else), 5 months house arrest and 30 days in the pokey.

It wasn't DHS, it was one employee, and he got considerably more than just '30 days'.

What happened to telling the truth?

Old 08-22-2007, 03:59 PM

1,594 posts, read 4,095,609 times
The articles weren't about the police force or DHHS, they were about one person in each case who screwed up and got caught and punished.

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 08-22-2007 at 10:42 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-22-2007, 05:16 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,900,230 times
And P.S. If everything you say is true, you should be calling every newspaper and media outlet in Maine- if the facts are there, I'm sure they would want to do an expose on it. While your at it, I would be very interested to know if you have filed motions in court to have the legality and corruption of operations in your town to be looked into by a ruling force. Have you contacted all of your state and district reps? Called the MAIN network? A Lawyer? Baldacci himself? And if you haven't... why haven't you? Because it sounds like you're not doing anything at all about something that is most certainly fact, according to you.

Old 08-22-2007, 06:29 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,380,434 times
Okay way too funny,... !! I spoke with my oldest sister today, seems I still have cousins and their families in ........(drumroll please) Caribou. My cousins son is a police officer though my sister isn't sure if it's local or state, she thinks he's with the State Police Dept. So....... there seem to be a lot of properties available in the county and they'd like us to come up and see a few of them once we get settled. Whatta ya think, should I eh?

Old 08-22-2007, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Okay way too funny,... !! I spoke with my oldest sister today, seems I still have cousins and their families in ........(drumroll please) Caribou. My cousins son is a police officer though my sister isn't sure if it's local or state, she thinks he's with the State Police Dept. So....... there seem to be a lot of properties available in the county and they'd like us to come up and see a few of them once we get settled. Whatta ya think, should I eh?
Ya know if I wasn't speaking the truth it may be funny. But it seem's I've hit a few nerves here. I have never told anyone to shut up because I do believe in free speech also that would not be very nice. I tried to give people the web site Bangor Daily News so they could see just a little of what I have been talking about. They wanted proof. Yet they ignore that one of our police are being arrested and we are not allowed to know his blood level also they wanted to ignore that a man who was suppose to take care of our elderly was robbing them. And just to make it clear no I am not "Chris" but I do agree with his comment.

Old 08-22-2007, 08:51 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,752,268 times
Let's tell the truth- though I may not agree with you, I do respect your right to your own opinion.Perhpas it is your word choice and tone that can be viewed as annoying. If you just try to post in a kinder manner, everyone else will not get so rilled up over what you are saying. You see anyone else on this forum speaking in your tone????

Old 08-22-2007, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Let's tell the truth- though I may not agree with you, I do respect your right to your own opinion.Perhpas it is your word choice and tone that can be viewed as annoying. If you just try to post in a kinder manner, everyone else will not get so rilled up over what you are saying. You see anyone else on this forum speaking in your tone????
I really have tried to stay calm and direct. I have been called everything from being ignorant to being told to shut up. I even gave everybody www.bangornews.com to show them what is going on up here so they could have some proof they do not want the truth only thier part of the truth.

Old 08-22-2007, 10:49 PM

4,282 posts, read 15,746,402 times
It's pretty obvious we have some personal friction happening here among various posters, but posts need to be free of the personal stuff.

While Let's tell the truth's opinion may not be popular, it's just that: opinion.

For those who feel thay can't stick to merely rebutting the opinion, the best course of action may be to ignore the poster and his/her opinions altogether.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornerguy1 View Post
It's pretty obvious we have some personal friction happening here among various posters, but posts need to be free of the personal stuff.

While Let's tell the truth's opinion may not be popular, it's just that: opinion.

For those who feel thay can't stick to merely rebutting the opinion, the best course of action may be to ignore the poster and his/her opinions altogether.
Go to Bangor Daily News and go to readers comment's I am not alone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine