Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe we are experiencing global warming/climate change?
No 23 24.21%
Yes 65 68.42%
Not Sure 7 7.37%
Voters: 95. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 09:46 AM

163 posts, read 295,517 times

Advertisements

Where can I sign up to send Al Gore a fistfull of dollars for carbon credits? Can you say, "snake oil"? And you thought the stock market was tanking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2008, 09:56 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Oh come on now, Al Gore said it.

Remember in the 70's he was big on the Nuclear winter that we were experiencing [remember when the planet covered with ice?]

Now he says that we are in Global Warming.

He must be correct, he created the Internet.

Just ask him.

And the French gave him a Nobel Price for it too!
Shows you the value of a Nobel Prize doesn't it? Jimmy Carter got one too. May as well be called the Worlds Biggest Loser Prize.
I guess he figures if he predicts something different every ten years or so eventually he'll hit something correctly. So far he's batting zero!
I'm not a fossil fuels fan as I believe we need to get away from that technology for the sake of sustainability not global warming. Instead of showing the world the benefits of a change to greener technology and spending their money on research and development to bring green technologies to a par with carbon fuel technologies they spend tons of money pushing an agenda and forcing people to see things their way or no way at all. Ask the folks in Fargo this weekend how they like the global warming when it's 14 below zero for a HIGH and it's only mid December??

Old 12-14-2008, 09:57 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Oh come on now, Al Gore said it.

Remember in the 70's he was big on the Nuclear winter that we were experiencing [remember when the planet covered with ice?]

Now he says that we are in Global Warming.

He must be correct, he created the Internet.

Just ask him.

And the French gave him a Nobel Price for it too!
I would once again like to extend an invitation to Mr. Gore to come and get his "global warming" out of my driveway, and pump some *real* global warming into my house. Maybe he could just come here and *talk* for a coupla hours a day...when I'm not here...that ought to get plenty of hot air circulating.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:06 AM

23,570 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Default good for a healthy scare

It is like doing the right things for the wrong reason.

Disregard of nature will always bite you in the butt. If nothing else but a renewed respect for nature comes from this controversy, then it is good.

Don't believe we, you, me, Al Gore and the 3rd world, will have much impact on global warming. Maybe create some microclimates and local weather changes but the earth has its own very dynamic agenda. From the shifting of continents to the reshift of continents to the growth of glaciers to the recession of glaciers the earth has gone about her business. Because her plan does not take our requirements into consideration we feel we have to step up and take the reins? How pathetic is that perspective.

1st rule of nature is that it is constantly changing.
2nd rule is that Nature is neutral.
3rd is that we have evolved physiologically to fit into a small, 'temporary' niche circling in an eddy on the river of change. If the changes take place faster than we can evolve we go away.

To think humans are the center of the universe, AGAIN, is quite egocentric and insane. Technology may have developed exponentially but our clan has not. You might even argue we mucked with nature and saved too many lives that should have met their Darwinian fate.

Can guarantee one thing, when the angel Gabriel blows his trumpet to signal the end of the world some guy will be selling 'end of the world' tee-shirts on the street corner making a good profit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine