Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 10:25 AM

52 posts, read 204,611 times

Advertisements

Sorry, this may have been brought up a while ago, but now they want to do it in the whole state of Maine? I was just wondering what people thought of it. Sorry, its not a ban of smoking, just smoking in cars with minors in the car. Do I smoke with my children in the car, nope, but how can you tell somebody how to raise their child like that? Simply crazy. I love the state of maine, but sometimes they can go a little over board. Maybe its for the national attention, maybe just because it is for the "greater good" either way, too much for me. Sorry guys...

Statewide anti-smoking rule eyed (http://www.bangornews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=155011&zoneid=500 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2007, 01:29 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,222,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljotis View Post
Sorry, this may have been brought up a while ago, but now they want to do it in the whole state of Maine? I was just wondering what people thought of it. Sorry, its not a ban of smoking, just smoking in cars with minors in the car. Do I smoke with my children in the car, nope, but how can you tell somebody how to raise their child like that? Simply crazy. I love the state of maine, but sometimes they can go a little over board. Maybe its for the national attention, maybe just because it is for the "greater good" either way, too much for me. Sorry guys...

Statewide anti-smoking rule eyed (http://www.bangornews.com/news/t/news.aspx?articleid=155011&zoneid=500 - broken link)

we will have smoking wardens in the state of maine,,, to catch these law breakers who think they can smoke in thier cars. and the fines are double with any vehicle that still has a kerry/edwards bumper sticker.

Old 10-07-2007, 01:57 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
we will have smoking wardens in the state of maine,,, to catch these law breakers who think they can smoke in thier cars. and the fines are double with any vehicle that still has a kerry/edwards bumper sticker.
Can we just take a rubber hose to them?

Old 10-07-2007, 03:15 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,579,285 times
The Kerry/Edwards crowd is only smokin' the righteous bud, man!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:16 PM

1,251 posts, read 2,577,581 times
I am so sick of Maine's stupid lawmakers. Our economy is garbage Taxes are too high
Young people leaving by the bucket load Yet this is best thing they have come up with all year

Old 10-07-2007, 05:30 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainebrokerman View Post
see, this is why we voted you the BOM a while back!!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:45 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Oh, now see, I thought we voted him BOM because he was so sexy in those faded Levis!

Old 10-07-2007, 05:46 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
You know, come to think of it, mabye it was the "for you, only a smile..." comment.

Old 10-07-2007, 05:59 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
that did it for me!! I'm just waiting to see his arms....

Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 PM

44 posts, read 94,862 times
To some extent I feel they might be right as far as trying to keep people from smoking in their cars with kids in them. But that should be common sence. I am a heavy smoker and try like hell not to smoke in tha car with the kids. But some times I do with all the windows down and the sun roof opened. Every where is a long trip from Lubec. Walmart is almost an hour away. To make it a law is foolish how ever. If pulled pver for something real like speeding and shamed for smoking in the car with the kids would be more appropriate. Next we wont be able to smoke in our homes or yards. We will need to build under ground bunkers for smokeing rooms. Some times politics and common sence are way too far appart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine