Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2007, 09:46 AM

7,057 posts, read 9,080,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
We have a good two foot of Global warming around here.
Ya, it's lovely. I don't mind shoveling. It's great exercise and provides a sense of accomplishment as the areas get cleared and the pile grows bigger. It's much more fun than blowing money on a gym membership and a Stairmaster or treadmill.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2007, 01:47 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,190,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCodder View Post
it's better than mud? =)
Yes! and especially when you're skiing Here in the "mid Atlantic" Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania, the ski resorts are somewhat given to "creative" descriptions of snow conditions on the mountains. There is a favorite term we old timers used to describe the icy conditions, "East Coast Boilerplate"

Old 12-21-2007, 04:08 PM

497 posts, read 1,567,354 times
The mud is what comes in April and May and June when all the snow melts.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:13 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,383,339 times
gloomy gus!! that's when ya go 4 wheelin'!

Old 12-21-2007, 04:27 PM

406 posts, read 1,654,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
The mud is what comes in April and May and June when all the snow melts.
So...you really don't like it here eh?

Old 12-21-2007, 04:39 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
don't listen....3 months of mud. yeah, right...

by the way....might as well mention....we get flowers in March here. Depending on the layer of snow it's not unusual to have snow crocuses peaking out of the melting snow. We have daffodils in around Easter in many places, including Eastport and Calais. The grass is usually green in the warmer areas of the state by mid-April, not to mention all the buds on the trees and bushes.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:47 PM

406 posts, read 1,654,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
don't listen....3 months of mud. yeah, right...

by the way....might as well mention....we get flowers in March here. Depending on the layer of snow it's not unusual to have snow crocuses peaking out of the melting snow. We have daffodils in around Easter in many places, including Eastport and Calais. The grass is usually green in the warmer areas of the state by mid-April, not to mention all the buds on the trees and bushes.
I actually was here for most of the spring renting a place while looking to buy and it was much warmer here than on the Cape. The ocean keeps it cooler. Maine was in bloom with a lot of things before my parents in Falmouth (Mass).
Although, the Cape's not as muddy...ok it's not muddy at all...hehehe...that was a surprise to me. So...I bought boots. No biggie!
I don't let the negativity deter me in the least...I love it here.

Old 12-21-2007, 04:57 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,102,570 times
good for you CapeCodder!

Old 12-25-2007, 05:56 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
That diary was a hoot better get in shape before we move up..sounds like we are in for a work out! Good thing I don't like going to the gym or exercising to videos. DH has already warned me that I will help with all the shoveling, but he did say he was going to buy the best snowblower he could find! Thank God! My idea of fun in the snow is a good snowball fight or sledding, much more fun than shoveling!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine