Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2015, 05:07 AM

885 posts, read 1,495,397 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to share. I recently emailed both Angus King and Susan Collins on their votes regarding 20 week abortions. I don't want to get into that debate here but do want to share something. I got two responses from King. Even though they were typical party line answers. I got zero, nada, zippo responses from Collins. That speaks volumes to me. At least Angus has the guts to stand up for how he votes while Collins hides under her desk....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 05:33 AM

3,536 posts, read 2,859,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by namder1 View Post
Just wanted to share. I recently emailed both Angus King and Susan Collins on their votes regarding 20 week abortions. I don't want to get into that debate here but do want to share something. I got two responses from King. Even though they were typical party line answers. I got zero, nada, zippo responses from Collins. That speaks volumes to me. At least Angus has the guts to stand up for how he votes while Collins hides under her desk....
Give it time, trust me you will get the same worthless party line answer from Collins that you got from the King.
Probably written be the same bored staffer.
Trust me neither one of them actually read your E-mail, They could not care less what us filthy peasants have to say.

have a nice day!

bill

Old 09-29-2015, 06:32 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
Remember Dr. Gosnell from Philadelphia who did full term "abortions" for years? He finally went to jail for killing live babies. Collins has always supported abortion. Period! Susan Collins supported Dr. Gosnell and Planned Parenthood. She still supports Planned Parenthood.

Angus King is way further left than the Democrats. When he was sent to Maine to do a job on Maine he went to war against the paper industry and Maine landowners large and small. He originated the COMPACT which stood for "Citizens Owning Maine Property Are Considered Trespassing". Books could be written about these matters, but these two brief paragraphs sum it up.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:25 AM

65 posts, read 98,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanLaw View Post
Maybe you should not worry so much about womens bodies and let them manage their own lives. And turn off faux news for a change
I believe there is another body involved here too, besides the woman's.

Maybe you should turn off MSNBC.

Old 09-29-2015, 11:49 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
We own a TV set, though it has not been turned on for a few years. We do not watch Fox or MSNBC.

I write to King and to Collins [and a few others] maybe a dozen times each year, most of the time I get a response. They have always been long winded 'boiler-plate' responses. I am certain their staff personnel write these, file them and send them out thousands of times each year. The response you get may be a little related to your inquiry, or it might not.

If you have something to say about the environment, then you get the response sent to all environment letters. If you say something about abortion, then you get the response that is sent to all who ask about abortion.

Old 09-29-2015, 12:45 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohanLaw View Post
Maybe you should not worry so much about womens bodies and let them manage their own lives. And turn off faux news for a change
You mean like a BLM movement which excludes concern for other lives?

Women's bodies, who talking women's bodies?

You go up north and club baby seals do you?

Old 09-30-2015, 05:53 AM

506 posts, read 684,052 times
Social issues will continue to destroy this country. Politicians are happy to have these issues front and center. We are a pretty stupid and gullible population.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:22 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
Trust me neither one of them actually read your E-mail, They could not care less what us filthy peasants have to say.
Yup. Unless you show up to their office with a big, fat check in hand, neither King nor Collins give a flying flip about what you have to say.

Old 09-30-2015, 06:37 AM

506 posts, read 684,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Yup. Unless you show up to their office with a big, fat check in hand, neither King nor Collins give a flying flip about what you have to say.
And this is the system that we as a population approve of........how else could you explain incumbents being re-elected time after time after time after time?..............

Old 09-30-2015, 08:27 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,279,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IHeartMaine View Post
And this is the system that we as a population approve of........how else could you explain incumbents being re-elected time after time after time after time?..............
The deck is stacked in their favor. As long as the law equates money with speech and protects "donors" (what our Founding Fathers would have called "bribers"), this will continue.

If nothing changes, then nothing changes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine