Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2016, 04:57 AM

80 posts, read 139,539 times

Advertisements

Some great Maine wardens out there for sure. They do some great work. Unfortunately it is apparent that from the top there has been some not so subtle changes they have made in what they see as their role in Maine over the years.

We have heard stories in the past of issues with methods of enforcement. We have all heard the "Maine Wardens have more power than the police do." statement made by citizens which was always baffling to me. Is that true...Who decided that if it is ? I am very uncomfortable with the methods being described recently of use of resources and methods.

My understanding is they are here to protect wildlife resources. These stories coming out are incredibly disappointing. Their response is very unsettling as well. I think we deserve some more candid information on these covert type investigations in question myself.

Seems they are going to fight transparency tooth and nail.They appear to operate above the laws of what is reasonable and fair, if not the laws themselves. If that isn't true I would expect they would welcome and fully cooperate in an investigation in a minute wouldn't they ?

In any event, it is a bummer. Hope the truth comes out and we can be proud these accusations were wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2016, 05:08 AM

Location: MA/ME (the way life should not be / the way it should be)
1,266 posts, read 1,388,809 times
I dont like how people automatically take a bad incident from a piliceman kr warden, and apply it to the entire group. Last i checked the allegations were not that bad (still nad, but not overly), and the departments responses were fairly resonablw as well. Secondly, i do not think the news ever posted unbaised sources, all allegations were from those arrested to my knowage.

Old 06-02-2016, 05:20 AM

80 posts, read 139,539 times
OK, I clearly didnt apply it to the entire group. In fact just the opposite. Read the very first and second lines.

And fact is its confirmed there were multiple covert investigations all with similar VERY questionable methods. In fact THEY have chosen to stop using this method.

I dont have a dog in the race against anyone.. beyond transparency, fairness, and good use of tax dollars. I would love to hear it is all kosher...but my gut tells me it may not be. Why cant we know and why are they fighting the details ? Seems like an odd response for a innocent person to me.

Old 06-02-2016, 07:38 AM

They choose to stop them as people who just read the newspaper decided it was a good idea to harass the wardens (who unlike normal police, normally deal with armed people, who may or may not be a good shot). They have to fight details (they released some), but others can not be given out to protect the wardens, who dont want to end up -6' under any more than the rest of us.

Old 06-02-2016, 08:06 AM

Something does tell me next year will have high chances on becomig a warden if one applies compared to normal due to this god-dang-controversy...

Personally im not against sting operations it there is probally cause the "victims" are already commiting crimes.

Old 06-05-2016, 06:55 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,686,915 times
I know somebody who got nabbed for having two deer livers in his freezer.

Old 06-05-2016, 08:45 AM

What wasnt to say it was from a previous season, and just hasnt been consumed/tossed/gone bad yet?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine