Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2018, 07:54 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times

Advertisements

Our neighbor down the street had an Australian Shepherd. that dog would sneak up behind you and Bite your calf. We lived in rural residential area. Not a nice dog and I threaten my neighbor to control the dog else he would be facing the sheriff and a higher property liability insurance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2018, 07:56 PM

13,059 posts, read 7,493,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 399083453 View Post
Last time I had a dog off leash he got away. I didnt see him for another 6 months. He came back to the house with a new collar. Seems another family found him and simply decided to keep him. People suck.
Apparently the dog thought another owner would be better and then discovered otherwise.

Old 10-08-2018, 08:19 PM

37,442 posts, read 61,352,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leastprime View Post
Our neighbor down the street had an Australian Shepherd. that dog would sneak up behind you and Bite your calf. We lived in rural residential area. Not a nice dog and I threaten my neighbor to control the dog else he would be facing the sheriff and a higher property liability insurance.
Sometimes the S.S.S.* policy is the best

* - Shoot it, Shovel it, Shut up about it

Old 10-09-2018, 08:11 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
It's against the law. Coming to Maine with the attitude that you are above the law won't set well.

Old 10-10-2018, 03:30 PM

18 posts, read 19,663 times
If you're not going to use a fenced yard I'd suggest taking them to a dog park if possible. When I visited Bangor last October I took my collies to the dog park there. Super friendly people and dogs. My dogs left happy and tired and I enjoyed the conversations. One of the best parts of the trip.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:33 PM

3,925 posts, read 4,127,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesig View Post
If you're not going to use a fenced yard I'd suggest taking them to a dog park if possible. When I visited Bangor last October I took my collies to the dog park there. Super friendly people and dogs. My dogs left happy and tired and I enjoyed the conversations. One of the best parts of the trip.
Dog park.... that’s really humorous. In Maine... So...I would need to drive to Bangor for the nearest dog park(a 1 hour drive).

Old 10-13-2018, 08:04 PM

37,442 posts, read 61,352,754 times
dog 'parks' ?

Most of Maine is rural. Dog 'parks' are urban.

Dont sweat it. Spend time with your dogs, training them.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:27 PM

18 posts, read 19,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slyfox2 View Post
Dog park.... that’s really humorous. In Maine... So...I would need to drive to Bangor for the nearest dog park(a 1 hour drive).
Glad I made you laugh.
Slyfox, I'm sure you're not so crazy as to drive to a park if you have a place to safely let your pets play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
dog 'parks' ?

Most of Maine is rural. Dog 'parks' are urban.
I understand. Probably only a handful of dog parks in the state. OP didn't say where in the state. Bangor is in the "middle", no? It's a possibility for some people. Everyone has to do what's best for themselves. I'd rather fence my yard than go to a park but that's me.

Quote:
Dont sweat it. Spend time with your dogs, training them.
That's a great idea though some breeds, especially the males, are known for wanderlust.

Old 10-15-2018, 09:17 AM

3,711 posts, read 2,691,854 times
To the OP, calendar to get this book in Spring 2019. Her hiking videos often include her dog Oreo (who is on-leash).

https://actoutwithaislinn.bangordail...iendly-trails/

Old 10-15-2018, 09:57 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,891,731 times
Is your dog microchipped in case he decides to take off on an adventure without you?

I always keep my dog leashed when we are out and about. She loves food and treats, but she prefers to follow her nose (definitely selective hearing; I love her independent thinking).

Since the topic has come up, I googled dog parks Maine... results=Augusta, Bangor, Belfast, Brunswick, and Thomaston... sad day that Maine has dog parks imo. If you don't own enough land for your dog, find a friend who owns land and will allow you to take your dog there--maybe a friend with a dog or dogs and you can schedule doggie play dates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine