Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 05:08 PM

107 posts, read 226,374 times

Advertisements

Ok, so ALL the plans changed! I was going to fly but now I am driving from TEXAS to VERMONT leaving at the end of next weekend....I will spend a few days in VT with my girlfriend there recovering from the trip and then I am going to be in MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO I am so excited!!!!!!! I will be driving and will have a couple of weeks depending on how long my budget holds out to explore :-) So I'd love to meet up with anyone and welcome all advice on what to see, do, etc. etc.!!!!!!

Thanks~

Stacie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 05:24 PM

50 posts, read 207,004 times
Let me know how the trip goes, my wife and I will be doing it in just a short 2 1/2 months. =) HURRAY!

Congratulations on your move.

Old 04-13-2008, 07:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Stacie that's great!!! Where in Maine are you hoping to visit? If you're not heading my way I could still get out and meet you!! I'd love it!

(and it's SO great to have you typing!!!)

Old 04-13-2008, 07:11 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,418,445 times
Aack!! Pick me up!!!!! I'll help drive! Oh man, I wish I really could.

We took the shortest distance mapquest route and did very well. Wow!

Take your camera!!!!!!

Old 04-13-2008, 07:58 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
How exciting! Like Molly, if you're not heading up this way I can travel.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:35 PM

Awww!! Ya'll are so sweet! El, I'd LOVE the help driving and would be happy to take you with me....but my trip is very open ended at this point so I couldn't bring you back!! Sure you wouldn't really mind that though! Molly and Robin I think I am coming to both of your areas!!! I really want to see as much as I can - I will be fulfilling a life long dream of visiting and will also be looking to see if Maine life is for me. Truthfully I am quite nervous about driving over 2000 miles across the country by myself but I also can't wait!!!!

I know I want to see Portland, Bangor, Augusta, Rumford, Eastport and all of the surrounding towns....if time and weather allow I would love to make it up to Bydand's area as well and see the far north part of the state. Somebody freeze me a snowball!!!!!!! Seriously, I am giddy and can't wait to leave. I am currently planning on hitting the road to VT by the end of the week and should be in Maine by the end of the month

Stacie

Old 04-14-2008, 05:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 6,544,526 times
Just my personal opinion but I would 'skip' Rumford and spend more time in places like Camden or Rockland on the coast. However if you get over to the western mountains Rangeley is lovely - remote and has a ski area and large lake.

Old 04-14-2008, 05:40 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,336,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post
Ok, so ALL the plans changed! I was going to fly but now I am driving from TEXAS to VERMONT leaving at the end of next weekend....I will spend a few days in VT with my girlfriend there recovering from the trip and then I am going to be in MAINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO I am so excited!!!!!!! I will be driving and will have a couple of weeks depending on how long my budget holds out to explore :-) So I'd love to meet up with anyone and welcome all advice on what to see, do, etc. etc.!!!!!!

Thanks~

Stacie
Well I am excited for YOU. I would loveeeee a road trip. Well.... if your up this way Molly, Mainewriter, and I will be the ones by the side of the road holding the sign " Hi ya sjlcu". lol
... of course a little flag that I will clutch between my teeth will say "I'm jealous."
Have a greattttttttttttt time!!!!
Tami~peachie

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 04-14-2008 at 05:44 AM.. Reason: forgot an important word

Old 04-14-2008, 07:19 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjlcu View Post

I know I want to see Portland, Bangor, Augusta, Rumford, Eastport and all of the surrounding towns. Somebody freeze me a snowball!!!!!!!

Stacie
I would imagine your trip from Vermont will take you to Maine on Rt.#2.
Good choice!!
Don't have to freeze you a snowball as there should be plenty of the white stuff left!
Be careful and drive safely!

Old 04-16-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Today's the BIG day

I am leaving the DFW area of Texas in about 5 hours and beginning my trek North. I am thrilled and terrified!! As long as I have WIFI I will post each night and share my adventure! I'm planning on a minimum of 400 miles a day with a maximum of 600. That should put me in VT by Sunday for a few days and then I'm on my way to Maine!!! I can't wait to get to get there and to meet some of you!!! Wish me good luck on the trip :-))

Stacie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine