Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2011, 05:26 PM

151 posts, read 199,176 times

Advertisements

With new regulations at the Canada U.S. border it is becoming a difficult and time consuming task to enter the U.S., I have heard so many complaints it makes one wonder, Border agent are extremely rude and very unpleasant , I now need a $100 passport and 2 other forms of identification to enter the U.S. and now they are going to inflict even harsher criterion, even to very personal information required, Canada is expected to implement the same requirements to Americans visiting Canada if the new rules are applied.
We are planning a fall visit regardless of the bureaucracy, we plan to have a nice time in Maine as we have had years back, I will be the guy with the big red maple leaf on my T-shirt and words " We are not the enemy"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2011, 05:49 PM

783 posts, read 1,574,856 times
I hope your crossing is hassle free & that you have an excellent visit!!! Bring your "big red maple leaf' to Owls Head for the best cheeseburger in town!

Old 09-15-2011, 06:07 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,679,925 times
I live along the "Trans Maine Trail" which is Route 6. I worked in Canada for seven years and everybody east of Ottawa knows about the Trans Maine Trail. I asked why they all use it and they all had the same answers:

Shorter distance.
Cheaper gas
Better food
Friendlier people
Respect for their language

There is no need to go waaay up to Riviere Du Loup and Waaay back down to Ottawa for example. Snap a string from Moncton to Ottawa and it's a no brainer.

Old 09-16-2011, 03:47 AM

19,969 posts, read 30,213,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tatans View Post
With new regulations at the Canada U.S. border it is becoming a difficult and time consuming task to enter the U.S., I have heard so many complaints it makes one wonder, Border agent are extremely rude and very unpleasant , I now need a $100 passport and 2 other forms of identification to enter the U.S. and now they are going to inflict even harsher criterion, even to very personal information required, Canada is expected to implement the same requirements to Americans visiting Canada if the new rules are applied.
We are planning a fall visit regardless of the bureaucracy, we plan to have a nice time in Maine as we have had years back, I will be the guy with the big red maple leaf on my T-shirt and words " We are not the enemy"
The same criteria we have for border crossings, (I.D. etc) should be applied for the voting booths

I like the t-shirt!!

I hope you have a great time in maine!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine