Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 10:28 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7th generation View Post
Congratulations Writer. Very nice!
Now do you have the option of choosing the next contest's theme?
Thanks. I think so. I need to check in over there while I'm on my lunch break. I have an idea if I do get to choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Yay!!! I guess that means she won again! WAHU! I'm proud for you. I'd hate to have to run against you.
Thanks! I wish you would! Get out that camera and start shooting. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm naturally good at this. I take an awful lot of pictures to come up with a few good ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,654,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
I take an awful lot of pictures to come up with a few good ones.
SO DO THE PROS that I know! I am just anxiously waiting for a payable to come in so I can replace the camera I dropped that finally gave up the ghost. It kept running through the last official "shoot" I had on the books, thanfully!

I do have a little old pocket digital, but I had gotten spoiled, I guess. It was good enough for "point and shoot" for the web a few years ago, but I miss having a bit more control, being able to zoom and, yes, having a bit more resolution to play with.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:04 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times
woo hoo Maine Writer!!! I am so thrilled for you!! how wonderful!

Old 05-12-2008, 11:34 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,390 times
Quote:
I take an awful lot of pictures to come up with a few good ones.
I agree with Star... in a handful of so so's.. comes a picture that speaks a thousand words.

I can't wait to have people say...

"Wow, this is a beauiful picture, I love to have this picture in my home."

<~hands Robin's personal biz card to them and say..
"Here ya go, it's all just a phone call away.

Tami~peachie

Old 05-12-2008, 01:30 PM

2,392 posts, read 2,540,615 times
Smile Congrats Maine Writer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
.... I love the picture and the humorous eye that found it.
I agree elston! Also it's a photo that makes you stop and think about the past. A small cabin built by a family...a place to call home. So many questions pop into my mind as I look at the photo, first one is "Wow, someone really lived there?" ...ok, maybe the roof was in better shape so many years ago, but still can you imagine?

Quote:
Thanks everyone. I have to tell you what Peachie is doing for me. She really is a peach. A similar photo is going to hang in her restaurant. I'll re-shoot it in better light with some different settings before I print it. There's a headstone to the left of the cabin. A 10 month old baby was buried there 119 years ago.

I read in your other post about the headstone. I agree with Peachie...something about it. It just takes your breath away thinking about losing a child at 10 months old. It also makes more questions pop into my head, but at the same time it gives more value to the cabin itself.

After you reshoot, I'd enjoy seeing more shots of the cabin...if you don't mind posting some.

Congratulations on 1st Place & looking forward to hearing what you choose for the next Contest Theme!

Old 05-12-2008, 01:37 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,174 times
Congratulations Maine Writer................ I look forward to the next contest too.

Old 05-12-2008, 03:01 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,855,962 times
Congratulations Maine Writer! Nice job.

Old 05-13-2008, 07:53 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
Quote:
Thanks. I think so. I need to check in over there while I'm on my lunch break. I have an idea if I do get to choose.

Thanks! I wish you would! Get out that camera and start shooting. I don't want to give anyone the impression that I'm naturally good at this. I take an awful lot of pictures to come up with a few good ones.
That's why I had to buy a digital! My film lab here knows me by first name, and that's ODD in these here parts!!

Old 05-14-2008, 04:34 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,542,872 times
The next contest is going to be the best so far. Get out those cameras and get warmed up - this is very cool.

Old 05-14-2008, 04:39 AM

182 posts, read 490,904 times
Congratulations by the way, very happy to have been able to cast my vote for the winner too.

Hmm, "get warmed up", "very cool".

What might you be hinting at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine