Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 10:45 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,080 times

Advertisements

I have a neighbor who once called to tell me (not ask, but tell) not to put my horses out in MY back field as she was having a BBQ. I saddled up and RODE in said field that whole afternoon.
This same neighbor called one time to tell me how to decorate outside for Christmas, as she and another woman wanted all the homes on the street to look the same. I asked her if she was paying for the decorations.
What took the cake was the time she called animal control and said my dogs were running loose. I said, well, if I owned a german shepherd and a hound, then fine. But I owned a Lab and a Lhasa Apso.
Oh yes, I forgot the time a cat peed in her flowers and she was so certain it was my cat. Told her to be glad I didn't go on them!!!

And, she is the only person on the street who has PINK FLAMINGOS on her lawn....go figure!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:50 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonL View Post
I have a neighbor who once called to tell me (not ask, but tell) not to put my horses out in MY back field as she was having a BBQ. I saddled up and RODE in said field that whole afternoon.
This same neighbor called one time to tell me how to decorate outside for Christmas, as she and another woman wanted all the homes on the street to look the same. I asked her if she was paying for the decorations.
What took the cake was the time she called animal control and said my dogs were running loose. I said, well, if I owned a german shepherd and a hound, then fine. But I owned a Lab and a Lhasa Apso.
Oh yes, I forgot the time a cat peed in her flowers and she was so certain it was my cat. Told her to be glad I didn't go on them!!!

And, she is the only person on the street who has PINK FLAMINGOS on her lawn....go figure!
Well I was on your side until you degraded her pink flamingo flock! (just kidding) My brother gave me a lighted pink flamingo that moves. My wife won't let me put it out in the yard so I run it in the barn.

Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,366,803 times
"A few years ago some guy pulled into the driveway in a Hummer and offered me three quarters of a million dollars for the place on the spot."

You should have kicked him in the junk, 1) for being a pretentious jerk, and 2) for driving a Hummer (the 21st century short bus for idiots)

Of course I'm kidding, but these kinds of people just really rub me the wrong way...kudos to you for walking away from a fool and his money...

Old 05-15-2008, 10:53 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,364,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Well I was on your side until you degraded her pink flamingo flock! (just kidding) My brother gave me a lighted pink flamingo that moves. My wife won't let me put it out in the yard so I run it in the barn.
LOL
I had toyed with the idea of putting pink flamingos in my yard just to irritate her. She must of heard me thinking about it.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:25 AM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times
Quote:
My wife's family owns a big chunk of land around here and we bought an existing farmhouse they used to rent out. I can't complain about the area it's nice except we can hear the highway(I-95) when the wind is out of the south. You do get used to it though. The land is all fields surrounding us with a tract of woods. There are two streams that run year round and my inlaws have a mammoth 15 acre pond behind their house. It's just over 125 acres all together and our piece (we pay taxes on) is 2.65 acres. We can purchase more land from the inlaws any time we desire but why buy the cow is my attitude. There are only four houses on our road and it dead ends at the highway. Our house is an over sized Cape Cod style farm house of just over 3000 square feet, with a breezeway, a large attached two car garage and an un attached 36' x 48' barn we built in 2000 (the one that won't hold paint). It's a nice place....a bit of a pain in the butt to maintain but that's my job at this point. A few years ago some guy pulled into the driveway in a Hummer and offered me three quarters of a million dollars for the place on the spot. I told him it wasn't for sale and he drove off.
So yes the barn being stripped of paint does not set well with anyone in the area but as I told them as soon as I figure out a way to repair it so I don't have to paint it TWICE a year it will be fixed. My mother in law called my wife the other night and politely asked when I was planning to paint the barn. She said it was a sore subject and told her not to bring it up around me. I told her to tell them if it bothers them that much they have my permission to call the vinyl siding people and pay the $20,000 to have it sided and that should take care of it! She didn't call. Even at the store where I buy my coffee everyday I keep getting people asking me when I plan to paint the back of the barn! It's like living in a fishbowl around here!
my brother in law is a contractor and does sideing.he allways has some left over at the end of the job 1/2 sq or so last summer he gave away 65 sq .
im sure he would like to get rid of some in the fall.
the problem being it's not all going to be the same collor you may have green,red ,blue,yello,white,what ever he has.put that multy collor sideing up that'll fix them you could call it raine bow ranch.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
my brother in law is a contractor and does sideing.he allways has some left over at the end of the job 1/2 sq or so last summer he gave away 65 sq .
im sure he would like to get rid of some in the fall.
the problem being it's not all going to be the same collor you may have green,red ,blue,yello,white,what ever he has.put that multy collor sideing up that'll fix them you could call it raine bow ranch.
Rainbow Ranch might be a nice fit in Ogunquit or Blue Hill??

Old 05-15-2008, 01:00 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Rainbow Ranch might be a nice fit in Ogunquit or Blue Hill??
First thought that crossed my mind as well .

Old 05-15-2008, 05:00 PM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
First thought that crossed my mind as well .
I'm sure if put in the wrong location it could really freak out your neighbors.. it may even confuse them if you are not a same sex couple. I wonder how many hours that would be pondering over that one?

Old 05-15-2008, 05:13 PM

12,083 posts, read 38,859,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
I'm sure if put in the wrong location it could really freak out your neighbors.. it may even confuse them if you are not a same sex couple. I wonder how many hours that would be pondering over that one?
You could just drop a few references to the "change" and how much you enjoyed Europe during your "trip". That would get them talking for sure then. LOL

Old 05-15-2008, 07:03 PM

Vermont would get it right away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine