Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2008, 06:21 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,098,129 times

Advertisements

omg you guys!!

I'm with Bewitched, wiping coffee off my nose and chin!!

Well, you know how you have good jammie bottoms that you don't mind if anyone sees you in, and the jammies bottoms that can be downright embarassing? I managed to drive to the garage with DH and drop off the blue Jeep, and stand in the garage getting the garbage ready to go to the end of the driveway *without* being spotted in the scooby jammie bottoms... Must mean it's going to be a good day!!

And, I have pumpkin flavored coffee

NOW if I could only whine/convince/beg enough to get a CERTAIN SOMEONE to go to the lunch on Saturday, all would be perfect!!

Old 10-16-2008, 06:27 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,420,131 times
Maybe you could skip the orange boxers and just line up holding your guns!

Can't wait to see those Scooby jammies, M!! And share some of that pumpking coffee. The later this season gets, the more I wish we were already there. I just can't figure out for the life of me how to make that work, unless we leave all our stuff and just bring our clothes! Not very realistic, unfortunately.

Old 10-16-2008, 06:42 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,653,088 times
totally off off-topic... NEXT time someone tells me the only have "a little" rabbit manure for me to pick up I am going to ask them HOW MANY pickups I will need to haul it in...

OUCH! After scything in the morning and then what didn't amount to a "quick trip" to Bangor to FedEx documents to #1 daughter (she needs a cosigner to get her new 3BR apt so she can have all the kids and hire the "mean" lawyer -- 'cause she isn't -- and get on with her life), I stopped by the home of a Freecycler who had bunnies and had offered to let me have the droppings. Said she "didn't have much" and wondered if I was going to bag it or what, 'cause the truck can't get that close to the rabbits.

Well my toyota is now pretty much FULL o' s##t and boy do I feel it... she had TWO (makeshift) barns... I have no idea how many cages but there were more than just a few... little older lady, alone... she built the "barns" herself... just the right size for her and the bunnies. THANK GODS she is no shorter than I AM! LOL But next time I go I am taking short-handled tools.

Been a LONG time since I spent the afternoon cleaning out barns and man-oh-man the body is telling me about it today.

But I slept well last night.l

Old 10-16-2008, 08:11 AM

Star, that's hilarious! I've never thought about the need for poop. Hmmm. I guess I'd better learn if I'm going to become the avid gardener I want to be when we begin our new life in Maine.

From one brown substance to another.........

I came across this earlier and thought it was cute. As we're about to go through yet another annual holiday that the commercial entities feel needs to be celebrated with candy, I thought the timing was perfect to share it!

BTW, I'm a Reese's girl! What are YOU?

We've all got our favorites when it comes to Halloween candy. Snickers, Butterfinger, M&Ms. To paraphrase Homer Simpson, "Mmmmmmm, candy."

But when you paw through that stash of Halloween candy and pull out your favorites, did you know that your choice of treat screams volumes about your personality? Well, we didn't either, until we had too much pre-Halloween candy and invented the theory.

So say hello to our sugar-induced candyscope, and don't overindulge in the coming days.

M&Ms: If you go for double Ms, you tend to separate your socks by color and have abnormally clean hands.

Snickers: Sign of indecisiveness. Do you want chocolate? Do you want nuts? You don't know. Or do you?

Candy corn: Frustrated farmer. You are a sweet soul who loves to grow sweet peas and make maple syrup.

Nestle's Crunch: You have a well-rounded personality but can be a little snappy.

Kit-Kat bars: You love to build sand castles on the beach, grow herbs and claw up the couch.

Jolly Ranchers: You have a daring side and love adventure. You're also fond of parrots and eye patches.

Butterfinger: You're kind and considerate, but we wouldn't trust you to carry the family china.

Reese's Peanut Butter Cups: You have hidden talents and are a deep thinker. You like to do things in pairs.

Gummy bears: Sweet, cuddly and loving, but people often find you sticking to the ceiling, which makes you an inappropriate guest for parties that include a pinata.

Sour Patch: You're bitter and abrasive and good at making people cry.

Hershey: You are loved by most people and live a simple, plain and unassuming life.

Junior Mints: You have a refreshing and zippy personality, but you suffer from an inferiority complex.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:17 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,332 times
What if Mounds is my favorite? Ooops never mind.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:18 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,971,999 times
Question for anyone - how can I search for a certain member ID to see what forum they typically post to? Or is that even possible?

Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Question for anyone - how can I search for a certain member ID to see what forum they typically post to? Or is that even possible?
If you know where they HAVE posted, you can click on their user name that is displayed, and choose to view all their posts.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:19 AM

874 posts, read 1,855,332 times
Back to this Billboard idea. I keep thinking one with an optical illusion would be nice. Like those old pens Gramps used to keep in his desk. As you drive by things become more clear. Probably would cause too many accidents.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:22 AM

I agree, Gen! Scary thought!! Now you see the flaming orange boxers..............now you don't!!!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:03 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,361,454 times
Star,
That rabbit manure is the best stuff you can get. We raised rabbits for years and used it in our gardens. Are you aware that you can use it fresh from the bunny, so to speak? It doesn't need to age. I made manure "tea" with it and used that on my houseplants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine