Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 6,606 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I'm getting ready to buy property in Acton but I do have a few questions since I'm really ignorant to the fact of not knowing about building codes and permits in this town. I understand that Acton Maine only gives out a designated amount of building permits a year and that it could possibly take years b/4 I am able to get a permit to build.....Maybe someone could direct me to the right area of where I should be going.......I'm thinking the town hall?
Any help I appreciate...
What are the codes as far as fencing is on the property as I have 3 horses....The land I'm buying is out in the country. If I can't get a building permit for a while for my home, can I get a permit to put up a barn/shelter for my horses while I wait for the house permit? Is there only a certain type fence also? I understand that you can't put up electrical horse fencing but has to be wood?

How long does it generally take to get a building permit in Acton?

Thankyou so much?

Trappeur
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 11:19 AM

48,116 posts, read 21,996,081 times
I put your thread topic in Google and got the following link.....it includes a phone number and fax number or the office that handles that stuff. http://www.actonmaine.org/files/Shor...e%20Permit.pdf

This says shoreline.....????? but I bet they can direct you.

I also found this info: Town of Acton
General Assistance
Wednesdays 9-4

Phone: 207- 636-3839
Fax: 207-636-4526
Email: actongov@metrocast.net
Address: PO Box 510
35 H Road
Acton, ME 04001

Good Luck
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine