Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2008, 10:37 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Is it only me, or do I picture these people

.....dressed in an almost see through button up shirt.
The first 4 buttons undone and straining to hang on to the rest over the pot belly stove frame.
Curly hair pushing it's way between the v of the shirt, while draped-thick-gold chains gleam through the forest of hair. (almost blinding.)

Stubbled beard with heavy side burns sculping the face.
With a crooked smile which reveals one gold tooth.
Wow, that is so amazing!

So you know him!

We met that realtor at one slum property that we looked at a few weeks ago.

He was driving a convertible with the top down.

Showed us the most horrible 4 apartment property, run down slum that needed a great deal of work. We were really just over-whelmed by all of the repairs that it needed to get it back up to habitability. It was full of tenants, disabled and on state aid programs.

I spoke to B afterwards, how could a realtor show up at such a run-down miserable slum, looking like that?

But you know that guy, it is amazing what small circles folks can be in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2008, 10:40 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
OMG
I can not believe that!!!!

I would of lost it, and probably called to police on myself first.
"Yess hello.. police, this is peachie peach over here in blah blah blah world.
I am calling you because I have a person in my yard digging up my garden and I wanted you to come over here and pull me off her before I do something which would include "moral turpitude".

Thank you, see you soon... bye bye.

Old 10-29-2008, 11:06 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Wow, that is so amazing!

So you know him!

We met that realtor at one slum property that we looked at a few weeks ago.

He was driving a convertible with the top down.

Showed us the most horrible 4 apartment property, run down slum that needed a great deal of work. We were really just over-whelmed by all of the repairs that it needed to get it back up to habitability. It was full of tenants, disabled and on state aid programs.

I spoke to B afterwards, how could a realtor show up at such a run-down miserable slum, looking like that?

But you know that guy, it is amazing what small circles folks can be in.
Wow.. that is crazy.
Usually .. or... I would think, that realtors would show things that would be something of value... not slums.
p.s. I ride a broom, have a cat, and pocket a crystal ball... I know all.. and see all. ( just ask my kids, they KNOW)

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,451,759 times
Quote:
OMG
I can not believe that!!!!

I would of lost it, and probably called to police on myself first.
"Yess hello.. police, this is peachie peach over here in blah blah blah world.
I am calling you because I have a person in my yard digging up my garden and I wanted you to come over here and pull me off her before I do something which would include "moral turpitude".

Thank you, see you soon... bye bye.
She was actually so nervy, a few years went by and then she actually had the nerve to become a regular in my hair/tanning salon in Orleans! Beotch! lol

Old 10-29-2008, 11:19 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
If it had been someone dresssed in orange carrying a gun I would have just shrugged it off. People with cameras give me the creeps!

Old 10-29-2008, 11:27 AM

37,468 posts, read 61,406,816 times
Quote:
Wow.. that is crazy.
Usually .. or... I would think, that realtors would show things that would be something of value... not slums. ...
I understand that slums exist, but they need to get fixed.

I was amazed that this guy would show up projecting that image, the convertible, the gold bling, the fluffed chest hairs, etc, to show us a run-down slum filled with disabled folks on state-aid. Ick

I also find it interesting that you described him so well. I do not recall his name, I threw his business card into our woodstove. But you must know him.

PS. I mean nothing against the disabled, nor folks on state-aid. But there is no reason for folks down on their luck to be taken advantage of so severely, and then flashing the bling while doing it.

Old 10-29-2008, 01:41 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,082,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
A truck pulled up at the house and parked on the side of the road Saturday. We were just coming back to the house with all three dogs when they closed the truck doors. When we got close I heard a man say, "We're picking some of your apples." Apparently asking to pick apples didn't occur to them. They wanted a pie, they saw apples, good enough. People are nervy.
Some people are just plain ignorant, no manners and no respect for other people's property. "If it's on a tree it's free." Maybe the owner has plans for those apples? Eat them? Bake them? Sell them? Nah, they wouldn't still be there if that were the case...unaware that some apples ripen late, and need to stay on the tree longer in order to be at their best.

On a [somewhat] related note...CMP was around trimming trees under the power lines (too bad I procrastinated and didn't collect the ones near the road for firewood- they came by a couple of days later and chipped them all up, but that isn't the big thing). A crew came up to the house to let me know that they wanted to cut on my property- they have a maintainance ROW for the several poles that run from the street to my house.

That was OK, had a nice chat, pointed out the ones I didn't want cut and the ones they *could* cut, and told them they could save themselves some effort and just leave them where they fell and not chip them, 'cuz I would cut them and use them for firewood. Nice guys, cut them stove-length for me. In the meantime, I was talking with the head guy who, it turned out, knew quite a bit about apple trees and had an orchard of his own. I explained that I was trying to rehabilitate some of the old trees and he gave me a lot of good info on pruning and how to bring them back. He also told me that they never cut down apple trees because they never get to be a problem with the power lines, which I was relieved to hear because I had some not too far off the road.

Here's the killer- a couple of hours later I went out to the road to have a look and there was a second crew working, they went where the first crew had already been, and they had cut down one of the best apple trees on the property.

I am NOT a happy camper. Do I stand to gain anything more than a headache if I complain to CMP?

Old 10-29-2008, 01:44 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,671,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post
Some people are just plain ignorant, no manners and no respect for other people's property. "If it's on a tree it's free." Maybe the owner has plans for those apples? Eat them? Bake them? Sell them? Nah, they wouldn't still be there if that were the case...unaware that some apples ripen late, and need to stay on the tree longer in order to be at their best.

On a [somewhat] related note...CMP was around trimming trees under the power lines (too bad I procrastinated and didn't collect the ones near the road for firewood- they came by a couple of days later and chipped them all up, but that isn't the big thing). A crew came up to the house to let me know that they wanted to cut on my property- they have a maintainance ROW for the several poles that run from the street to my house.

That was OK, had a nice chat, pointed out the ones I didn't want cut and the ones they *could* cut, and told them they could save themselves some effort and just leave them where they fell and not chip them, 'cuz I would cut them and use them for firewood. Nice guys, cut them stove-length for me. In the meantime, I was talking with the head guy who, it turned out, knew quite a bit about apple trees and had an orchard of his own. I explained that I was trying to rehabilitate some of the old trees and he gave me a lot of good info on pruning and how to bring them back. He also told me that they never cut down apple trees because they never get to be a problem with the power lines, which I was relieved to hear because I had some not too far off the road.

Here's the killer- a couple of hours later I went out to the road to have a look and there was a second crew working, they went where the first crew had already been, and they had cut down one of the best apple trees on the property.

I am NOT a happy camper. Do I stand to gain anything more than a headache if I complain to CMP?
Kind of late to do anything at this point. Apple makes good firewood too!

Old 10-29-2008, 02:07 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymer View Post

You can get them to replant an aple tree... or any tree. they only have to prune the branches. They have had to replant some blue spruces at the subdivision that my wife has some property in.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:11 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,243,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
If it had been someone dresssed in orange carrying a gun I would have just shrugged it off. People with cameras give me the creeps!

Carnival workers come to your house often?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine