Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2008, 04:24 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,520,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
I always ask for practical gifts. Brad gets frustrated with me when my list is made up of items like:

new cast iron skillet
dust buster with the roller brush
silicone muffin pan

I made my list up a while ago. Put 3 things on it (I have a December BDay so I like to give extra warning). Firs choice, A trip to Eastport for a week over the 4th of July. Second choice, bathfitter people and third, reupholstery gift certificate as some of this crap is falling apart so badly, I can no longer fix it(I am too cheap to buy new plus we have 4 cats and a dog).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2008, 05:39 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProdigalLobster View Post
Burt's Bees is now based in Durham, NC... though I don't know if it's actually made here. I've never heard of any manufacturing facility in the area, so perhaps it's just the corporate offices that are down here? And yes, the brand being bought by Clorox is a huge disappointment. I really loved their lip balm & cuticle cream!

Wasn't there also some fuss about the new owners of Burt's closing off land (in Maine) that the previous owners of the company had left open for locals to access for traditional stuff like hunting, snowmobiling, etc.? My stepmom owns a gift shop, & stopped carrying the products because nobody wanted to buy it anymore.
The issue was with Roxanne Quimby the co-founder of Burts Bees buying up large tracts of land in Northern Maine and limiting its use. She later agreed to allow limited snowmobile and ATV trails to go through the land.

Old 11-19-2008, 12:33 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,203,660 times
i cant tell you what i got her becouse she's a spy and may read my post.but i went out side the box and got her something she will never gess.thank you for all your coments and good ideas.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
Cute, robhu. If you'd prefer something g rated, I was just at walmart's site building a cd for a friend's wedding music. You can put up to 2 hours of her favorite songs on a cd and personalize the message on the cover as well as pick the cover design. Neat service. They also do a gift message and gift wrap. Wrap is extra. The first 3 songs are 4.62 each and after that only.88 a song.
So I misspoke a little. The first 3 songs are $4.62 combined not each.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:50 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,338,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
i cant tell you what i got her becouse she's a spy and may read my post.but i went out side the box and got her something she will never gess.thank you for all your coments and good ideas.
Glad we could help Ranger... who ever did. LOL

I gotta figure out what I would like.
I don't need much.
I would of liked the "high speed Fairy"to come hook me up with some "POWER".

For me on this site, I'm always a day late, and a dollar short with all the posts on here.

I'm all about the moment. I would like a dinner out, Maybe alittle something that I might of mentioned and it was remembered.
But Steve is looking at the frig for a note that reads:
Dear Santa,
i have been a pretty good mom and wife this year and I would like to have.,... ...bla blah bla .. and maybe a blaaaa
.... .... ....
I am leaving you some cookies & Milk and I'm wearing my VS nighty I wore last year.
As always,
Love ...
me

Old 11-22-2008, 07:12 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,424,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramamama6685 View Post
So I misspoke a little. The first 3 songs are $4.62 combined not each.
Another thing WM has now that I just learned about are photo books. They are regular bound books with your uploaded digital photos laid out. You can add wording and everything. They put one together for the girls' soccer coach of all the photos we collected this season. They're nice enough that I'm going to buy a copy for grandparents for Christmas. The 8X10 book with lots of 4x6 print shots throughout was only $17. Great gift!

Old 11-22-2008, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Another thing WM has now that I just learned about are photo books. They are regular bound books with your uploaded digital photos laid out. You can add wording and everything. They put one together for the girls' soccer coach of all the photos we collected this season. They're nice enough that I'm going to buy a copy for grandparents for Christmas. The 8X10 book with lots of 4x6 print shots throughout was only $17. Great gift!
Calendars, mugs and tees available too!

Old 11-23-2008, 08:12 AM

3,455 posts, read 2,787,561 times
my brother got his first wife an anvil a few years back..........

Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,655,274 times
Well for what it's worth, I'd take a gift cert. for a massage ANY time, but you can keep the beauty shop stuff... I had one manicure and one pedicure in my life and they made my hands and feet feel funny for days.

Ditto jewelry. I don't wear it, not at all now. never really did much, though when I was doing the office thing I had pins for my lapel... things that meant something to me, a tortoise, a dragon fly, autumn leaf, moon... Never could stand anything on my ears, though. I can't understand how/why anyone wears earrings.... guess I am just weird.

I am not that much into girly things, I guess... I have gotten power tools for gifts, loved that! I have my Yule gift this year, already... a garden cart. As for clothing, it has to be as practical at the above gifts, and natural fiber to boot.

Old 11-23-2008, 08:38 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,465,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarlicGuy View Post
my brother got his first wife an anvil a few years back..........
Damn, I've been asking for one of those for years! She's one lucky girl!

WAIT! Have you and I ever been married? You sound vaguely familiar....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine