Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 08:34 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,470,120 times

Advertisements

YouTube - Jimmy Buffett A Pirate Looks at 40

YouTube - Cool Change Little River Band

okay, there might be a little theme here.

These songs remind me of MY Maine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2009, 09:02 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,756,931 times
ARRRGH- Pirates!

YouTube - The Pirate Song

Old 01-28-2009, 09:25 PM

489 posts, read 1,212,209 times
"A Tombstone Every Mile" by Maine's own Dick Curless. I remember seeing him perform at the Thorndike Hotel in Rockland. Had to be 1962 or '63. That guy had talent. My Dad was an over-the-road truck driver all his life so that song always kind of stuck with me.

Old 01-28-2009, 09:55 PM

To see a "priceless" video of "Tombstone Every Mile" go to Ckuik.com - Find Youtube videos right from the address dick curless. Click on the next link and then an index of letter "D" performers will come up and click on Dick Curless. Got some great Maine scenery. That song always reminded me of Highway 182 going out of Cherryfield. Also up in right hand corner of this page is a search box and you can type in any performer you desire and most likely a video of same will come up.

Old 01-28-2009, 11:07 PM

On that link I posted for Dick Curless don't click on that link, just type in ckuik.com dick curless, leave out the "find youtube videos right from the address" and go from there, otherwise it'll be difficult to access. (I hate it when that happens)

Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,470,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportFury59 View Post
"A Tombstone Every Mile" by Maine's own Dick Curless. I remember seeing him perform at the Thorndike Hotel in Rockland. Had to be 1962 or '63. That guy had talent. My Dad was an over-the-road truck driver all his life so that song always kind of stuck with me.
Always a favorite of mine. We all used to sing it while traveling through the Hainesville Woods.

Old 01-29-2009, 05:46 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,555,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
The way it looks outside now reminds me of his composition "Winter"...kinda contemplative...kinda sad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastport4me View Post
Also December by George Winston...a snowy winter.
Winston fans! December is my favorite. Dan Gibson is also a favorite and reminds me of Maine.

Old 01-30-2009, 05:13 PM

7,083 posts, read 8,958,239 times
Not so much the songs themselves, but the fact that they were getting airplay during my time in Eastport or it was something I had with me at the time and listened to a lot.

#1 pick are the three songs on this album - The Gates Of Delirium, Sound Chaser, & To Be Over. Mainly because of the summer I spent listening to it over and over again.

#2 I first heard this at the Eastport Pool Hall, I still remember kids standing on the pool tables (and getting yelled at for it) playing cue sticks like guitars during Detroit Rock City.

Others because they were popular in the summer of 1978, the last time I came to Eastport as a teenager. (I didn't return again until 2003, mainly so dramamama6685 could see the place she heard so much about.)

Deacon Blues & Peg - Steely Dan
Baker Street & Right Down The Line - Gerry Rafferty
Miss You & Beast Of Burden - Rolling Stones
Whenever I Call You Friend - Kenny Loggins
Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
With A Little Luck - Wings
Still The Same - Bob Seger
Running On Empty - Jackson Browne
Count On Me - Jefferson Starship
Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch

Last edited by 7th generation; 01-30-2009 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: please post no copy right material

Old 01-30-2009, 05:20 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,254,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxyroxme View Post
Not so much the songs themselves, but the fact that they were getting airplay during my time in Eastport or it was something I had with me at the time and listened to a lot.

#1 pick are the three songs on this album - The Gates Of Delirium, Sound Chaser, & To Be Over. Mainly because of the summer I spent listening to it over and over again.

#2 I first heard this at the Eastport Pool Hall, I still remember kids standing on the pool tables (and getting yelled at for it) playing cue sticks like guitars during Detroit Rock City.

Others because they were popular in the summer of 1978, the last time I came to Eastport as a teenager. (I didn't return again until 2003, mainly so dramamama6685 could see the place she heard so much about.)

Deacon Blues & Peg - Steely Dan
Baker Street & Right Down The Line - Gerry Rafferty
Miss You & Beast Of Burden - Rolling Stones
Whenever I Call You Friend - Kenny Loggins
Life's Been Good - Joe Walsh
With A Little Luck - Wings
Still The Same - Bob Seger
Running On Empty - Jackson Browne
Count On Me - Jefferson Starship
Ebony Eyes - Bob Welch

now there's some good music right there!!!

do you see that girl in the corner, id like to take her out of her chains,,

one of my all time favs...

Old 02-03-2009, 08:46 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,174,079 times
Welllll...old Bud Leavitt RIP (for those who remember his show) can be credited for drilling the lyrics of 'The Happy Wanderer" in all of our heads during the '70's....

Come on now, sing it with me...I know you all want to!!! Feel free to don your lederhosen!

Val-deri,Val-dera,
Val-deri,
Val-dera-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha
Val-deri,Val-dera.
My knapsack on my back.

There, now don't you feel better? Oh come on - admit it - you sang it in your head!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine