Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 08:25 AM

5,054 posts, read 12,426,048 times

Advertisements

We just got the most sleep we've had in 4 days, and I feel much better this morning. I'm going to try and spend some time catching up on everything today.

I couldn't believe the reception we got yesterday. Mary, Dana, 3 of their kids, Robin & Taylor and Elaine came piling out the door when we arrived. I had my camera in my hand, but when I saw them, I got all teary-eyed, dropped the camera and jumped out and just had to start hugging everyone. Sorry, but no pics! Just take my word for it....It was an incredible "welcome home." From the moment we stepped through the front door, we were home.

We hung out at their house for a while, then went out to our house. I'd been trying to get in touch with our landlady, but never reached her, so we were just going to nose around and peek through the windows. We were only there for about 5 minutes, when the owners pulled up behind us. What good fortune! They are the sweetest people - very accomodating. They're going to be very nice to work with. OMG, the house is amazing!! The rooms are very large, the kitchen is about 4 times the size of my old one and the view is absolutely to die for! If I disappear for days, you'll find me lounging in a cozy chair in front of one of my huge picture windows, looking over the river at Canada and watching the snow come down. :-D

Speaking of snow, HOLY COW! Everything is already covered in several feet of white, and then we got a pretty good snow last night. There is more expected today and into this evening, and I think off and on over the next few days. We're getting broken in quite nicely, Victor!

JJ is planning to come see us today, but I'm concerned about her traveling in this weather. I'm dying to see her, but I can wait till it's safer for her to come. I need to check in with her this morning and see what her plans are. It was so cool how everyone felt completely familiar. I commented on the way here that I couldn't wait to meet Mary and Robin, and it felt so odd to realize that after having such close long-distance friendships for more than two years that we had never met face-to-face. When we finally met and hugged, it wasn't even a meeting - it was definitely a long-overdue reunion. We're already feeling like we've always been here! Can't wait to meet everyone else!!

Mary, Dana and the kids have been so wonderful! We spent most of yesterday walking around like zombies, barely at a functioning level since we were so tired. They all jumped right in and literally "took care of us" all the way through bedtime. They even did our laundry! OMG! I was heading down to change clothes over at one point and heard, "It's already done!" What special friends we have!

It's SOOO good to be home! :-)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 08:33 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,878,911 times
Tammy, I am so happy for you You certainly are getting a big welcome home snowstorm, a good way to get broken in quickly!

Glad you were able to get some much needed sleep last night.

Again, welcome home to Maine **hugs**

Old 03-02-2009, 08:39 AM

264 posts, read 759,256 times
That sounds sooooo nice! I am glad you had a good trip and arrive to great friends! I am sooo happy for you guys!!!

Also, its time to finally change something...

"Location: Houston"

Your finally home to Maine!! Enjoy your new house!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,387,188 times
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif (broken link) http://bestsmileys.com/signs16/14.gif (broken link)

Old 03-02-2009, 11:32 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,392 times
I just sent you a note.. not noticing this thread. ( My dial up depresses me>)

I got a not from Robin yesterday and I went back to the computer hoursss later where is she wrote "did I want to come to see you." I didn't realize it was for the same day. Wow.

I'm glad your drive is over, your starting to rest, and settling in.
I'm so glad they were able to be there, help out and make you feel welcomed.
I'm looking forward to see you!!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:37 AM
RHB

1,098 posts, read 2,151,931 times
Congratulations!!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 11:43 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,973,799 times
I'm happy to see you all settling in - I'll see ya'll in a couple of months.

Old 03-02-2009, 11:55 AM

263 posts, read 616,673 times
Glad to hear you guys made it safe and sound.

Your post made me tear up I am so happy for you. Enjoy your new home.

Old 03-02-2009, 12:02 PM

37,471 posts, read 61,423,512 times
Welcome!

Old 03-02-2009, 01:04 PM

44 posts, read 93,459 times
Default A note for Elcarim

Hi, El! I don't post very often, but I just wanted to let you know that I have followed you and your family's story from the beginning, and I am so incredibly thrilled that you have realized your dream of moving to the beautiful state of Maine! I didn't want to congratulate you until you were officially moved(I didn't want to jinx anything-ridiculous, I know), so I've been reading your updates religiously for that past week!! I had tears in my eyes as I read this post-how wonderful for you! I'm sure I speak for the others on the Maine forum as well as myself that I feel a bit as though I've traveled with you and shared in a very special part of your journey through life. Well, enough rambling. One word of winter attire advice-I wear cuddleduds(it's like silk long underwear)under my jeans and sweaters almost every day during the winter. Non-bulky and super comfy! Now go play in the snow with your kids, breathe that clean Maine air, and let those wonderful Maine folks take good care of you during these first couple weeks! May God bless you and your family-

Mary (Kenowheregirl)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine