Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 06:16 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,391,576 times

Advertisements

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,227,645 times
welcome aboard keeper,,,,,glad to hear you like the beautiful state of maine, are you in the northern part of the state?

Old 05-01-2009, 07:46 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper of the Woods View Post
Hi Maine Writer....what do you write? I enjoy writing, but just for fun and our experiences. Sad, but I write like I speak...Maine-ish, choppy, fast, and lotsa times I don't make much sense to others. LOL
Non-fiction most of the time. A newspaper column, a little tech, brochures, usually nothing very exciting. I was the editor of Farm & Garden for a couple of years. I'm waiting to see if I bust a myth in National Geographic Kids in the fall. I was interviewed rather than writing the article but it was still fun. Maine-ish, choppy and fast is great, it's how a lot of us speak. Proper grammar? Pfftttt I don't get paid for that anymore.

Last edited by 7th generation; 05-02-2009 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 05-02-2009, 04:55 AM

411 posts, read 899,024 times
Welcome Keeper! I'm slow on the uptake on this post... happens. I also happen to live in the woods, and LOVE being here everyday!

Old 05-02-2009, 07:33 AM

6 posts, read 11,620 times
Ahhhh, so now I get it, the swaying trees are actually waving to me?! LOL Now, I'm a happy camper, as the trees are really waving big at us this morning! Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:41 AM

6 posts, read 11,620 times
Writer, I just loaded your site, but our connection is very slow, so I'll get back to that in a few minutes. I am thinking of changing my Keeper of the Woods name to Happy Camper, as my son just informed me that Keeper of the Woods is the name of the movie he is making, and the script he has written. The name was actually "given" to us by a woman who reads my stories, poems, etc. We also email almost daily as she feels the need to read about our daily lives here. LOL Our son so desperately wants us on a reality show. He's 16, that's easier to say than actually do. He is up to something 'cause he has been in contact with a couple directors lately, one in Maine, one for Discovery Channel! We tell him he'd better not be hooking up such a thing. He denies it, but something is fishy! Yuck!

Old 05-02-2009, 08:05 AM

740 posts, read 1,882,499 times
Welcome aboard Keeper of the Woods if you live next to an ITS trail I have probably been close by.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:12 AM

6 posts, read 9,356 times
Default Keeper of the Woods is NOW: Willey's Dam Camp

Hi everyone!

Due to my son already claiming Keeper of the Woods title for his movie script and film name, I figured I'd let him copyright it and adopt our camp name as Willey's Dam Camp instead. Gotta give the kid room to grow, though the name Keepers of the Woods is a phrase used to describe our family by many we know. Whaddayado.

We are better known as Willey's Dam Camp, so here I am again. LOL Besides, the search engines will find us under this new name anyways.

I'm still a newbie, and don't yet know how to get around this site, so bare with me, folks.

Old 05-02-2009, 08:14 AM

....and if you got stuck and sought help, my family were probably the one's to get you out of the bind. LOL

Old 05-02-2009, 10:51 AM

NJ2ME, I see you sent me a befriend thingy. What does that do? I'm a newbie as of yesterday. I'm glad you like the site! I enjoy web design, and do it for our businesses as well. There really aren't many new pictures in the past month because I've been recovering from a snowmible accident at the end of March when I flipped my son's sled. So, I've have a broken body. The eagles aren't in the cove as much any more now that the ice is out. I'm getting around much better now that the bones have healed for the most part. There will be a story about that, soon. LOL Did you check out the older photos, too? We are very fortunate to have eagles here all day long in March & April.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine