Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 03:26 PM

130 posts, read 282,611 times

Advertisements

Animals have a very keen sense and they're able to see and hear things that we're unable to.
The apparition of Orville, does he interact with you, like he knows that there's someone else in the room, or does he just go about doing his own thing, as though he is the only one.
I've written many theories on the paranormal that has to do with spirits, and perhaps if I learn more about Orville I can paobably give you something that you could use.
I have been interested in all paranormal since 1972, and have seen and experiences many things over the years, like my grandfathers return, old man of the picnic area, ufo over Maine, and hundreds more.
So does Orville rock in a chair that is yours, and have you by chance heard any words out of thin air?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 03:36 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,756 times
I live in Maine now but grew up in Central NY, I think that's still considered a part of New England As a child we lived in an old farm house that was haunted. Word was a previous tenant/owner hung them-self in the attic. never could confirm that tho. Anyway, I never saw an actual apparition but did hear him come down the stairs a number of times. My brother and I shared a room on the first floor. One morning we heard what we thought was our Father coming downstairs to get ready for work. We decided to stand at the bottom of the stairs and jump out and say boo when he hit the bottom step. Well, we got the scare, there was no one there ! We ran to our room and hid under the covers until the sun was well up. My sisters and brothers saw the actual ghost but I never did. We lived there around 10 years. We learned to ignore him and left him to his own. We never really felt threatened in anyway by him.

Old 09-10-2009, 03:43 PM

Sounds to me like you had yourself a residual haunt, which would do the same thing over and over no matter who may have been in the area.
Traumatic deaths like the one you mentioned seem, to repeat themselves within a house or building, even seen them going about there own thing in fields and woods, cemeteries are a great place for residuals, don't know why but they're there.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:06 PM

This one was somewhat interactive. We kept our Halloween costumes in the attic, where the ghost resided most of the time. One year one of my sisters went to get the costumes and came face to face with him. She screamed and ran down stairs. When we asked what he did she said he ran the other way. Another sister had the room with the door to the stairs to the attic in it. In the winter she'd get up several times a night to close the door because of the heat going to the attic and the bedroom being chilled by it. One night she had enough and yelled up the stairs "At least close the door behind you !". It was never left open again. As I said I never actually saw it. But the family members that did said he was more a shadow than anything else. My father said he saw it as a ball of light one night at the top of the stairs. He never believed in ghosts until then. Once he was seen as a solid person standing outside in the snow wearing a Top Hat and tails. When some of us ran out to see who it was there was no-one there and no tracks in the snow. As I said previously, we never felt threatened by his presence. More just an unseen member of the family. The house is gone now so I don't know what ever happened to him. Don't know if they stay in the area or move on to where ever it is they go since the house is no longer there.

Old 09-10-2009, 04:36 PM

Okay, now that I know a little more about the ghost, it does appear to be of someone who might have been lost, trying to get a persons attention every now and then, perhaps trying to find someone who whould tell him that it was okay to move on.
Most generally ghost/spirits will not harm you in any way, it's just down right creepy when they show themselves to you , which I've had done to me on many occassions.
Even though the house is gone now, doesn't mean that the spirit moved on, he could very easily have been haunting the land where the house sat.
Could have been a house there before the one you lived in, or perhaps the person died on the land/buried on the land.
Sometimes if a spirit of someone loved a certain area when they were alive they would visit many times after death, remaining earth bound so they can enjoy different things, mostly the lands and changing seasons, which I've found over time.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
There are some good ghost stories on this forum, if you search for them in past threads. And Paranormal State had a couple shows on A&E in Shapleigh and Waterville I think.
I used to watch Paranormal State. But those kids don't seem to know what they're doing. I keep waiting for somebody to get hurt or killed.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:55 AM

Paranormal State in my opinion is not the proper way of doing things, but this is only my opinion,
I have been researching for many years and there are ways to do your investigations and there are way you shouldn't
I don't have facts about the paranormal, But I do have hundreds of different ideas and theories which may help, plus a 900 page hand written book of mine I call the Big Book.

Old 09-11-2009, 10:02 AM

I think Paranormal State is a joke. Also I don't care for the British one, can't think of the shows name but was a popular one a few years ago. MonsterQuest is another one that could use some improvement. I do watch Ghost Hunters but even they are starting to get a little over done.

Old 09-11-2009, 11:39 AM

Ghost Hunters started in 2004 with some really bad shows, but improved over the years and I've watched all of them, but this year they seem to be going down hill badly.
I hope someday to have a documentary on paranormal made, but my position doesn't allow that at the moment. But when it does happen I'll be looking for people to assist me.

Old 09-11-2009, 05:38 PM

467 posts, read 1,125,182 times
The lead guy in Paranormal State cracks me up...he's always asking inane questions really loud and then gets all worked up when he gets a reaction. I watch it mainly for the laughs it provides.

IMHO though, TAPS rules...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine