Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2008, 04:50 AM

16 posts, read 45,926 times

Advertisements

Hello again i wrought in a while ago (Wisconsin vs Maine). And we decided on Maine it has every thing we are looking for low crime , ocean, and mountains. My husband is currently in Virgina with his family getting his class a licence then he will try 2 find a job in Maine. He has started looking but no luck so far but I'm shore he will find something even if its not excatly what hes looking 4. We want 2 move in one of the town near Portland i like small town living but i like 2 go 2 the city once and awhile. I have never been 2 Maine but i have looked at all the pics (beautiful) and read as much as i could but i don't know if there are any areas near Portland that i should stay away from. If any one has any advice or info please let me know we will there June 20th. i am so excited.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 05:29 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
I remember your posts from a few months ago. Welcome back. There are no serious high crime towns near Portland. If you are intyending to buy a home I recommend checking on the schools and the tax rates. Some schools in southern Maine have overcrowded schools. I don't know what you do for work, but Check the Bangor area. They have good schools, less crowding and the economy is growing.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:40 AM

16 posts, read 45,926 times
Thanks I'll check that out. I am a stay at home mom and my husband is a truck driver or he was in Germany having a hard time finding a company 2 higher him . so hes looking for dump truck work now and his brother will be moving with us and he is just finishing school for engineering . and we do want 2 buy a home but that wont be 4 another year or so .

Old 03-02-2008, 06:19 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Welcome back family of 10!!!

Old 03-02-2008, 10:53 AM

134 posts, read 514,678 times
Family10 .... my family and I are retired Air Force been here at Ramstein AB Germany for the last 9 years (we just retired a couple years ago) and had planned on moving to the Pensacola area when we moved back but every time we went back to visit friends and family the wife and daughter kept on me on moving back to Maine where I grew up.... finally this year I had enough of how the gulf coast of Florida was turning out and felt the pull of Maine calling me back so we too are are moving back in June 2009. We just purchased land outside of Bangor and are in the early stages of building.

So from a family still in Germany that is moving back to Maine.... to a family that was in Germany that is moving to Maine.... WAY TO GO and GOOD LUCK !!!!

Old 12-27-2009, 03:04 PM

27 posts, read 43,898 times
family from Germany to Maine
Hi guys, we are mum and son of 12, he is American I am German. we want to move back to the US and are torn between California, where I used tolive in the 90s (Bay Area) and Maine... never been there, except for NYC, New Jersey and Florida... I am a court-certified translator and will be a professional speaker soon...

I would love to join the conversation....

c

Old 12-29-2009, 04:54 PM

134 posts, read 514,678 times
cypressclub... welcome to the conversation... wow, it was a blast from the past to see the post I had written in 2007 from Germany. Long story short is we moved back here to Maine (outside of Bangor) in July. Missing Germany as we were there for a decade but glad to be back. Even with the below zero temperatures tonight and the howling wind. LOL.

Old 12-31-2009, 07:02 AM

27 posts, read 43,898 times
hello exairforce, thanks... we are still torn between California (Petaluma) and Maine (Portland area....) what is it you are missing from Germany? If may ask you so? :-)
Cy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine