Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2011, 07:30 AM

48,136 posts, read 22,007,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Is there a correlation between how pristine a place is and how hard it is to say or spell the name?

hmmmmm...maybe I'll apply for a govt grant to study the issue. I'd get to live in Maine, see all kinds of awesome places, and the tax payers would pay.
Whatcha think?
If there is such a correlation.....I know the winner of the contest. When I was a kid....it was a rite of passage to learn how to pronounce the name of a near by lake....."Chagogagogmanchogagogchabunagunamog". Most just called it Indian Lake. Imagine trying to get "Camp Chagogagogmanchogagogchabunagunamog" on a sweat shirt!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2011, 07:40 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,544,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAhippo View Post
Is there a correlation between how pristine a place is and how hard it is to say or spell the name?

hmmmmm...maybe I'll apply for a govt grant to study the issue. I'd get to live in Maine, see all kinds of awesome places, and the tax payers would pay.
Whatcha think?
That's so ridiculous the gov't would probably give you millions! Study Musquash and we'll meet you there with a boat.

Old 07-09-2011, 01:00 PM

276 posts, read 848,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maine Writer View Post
Toby Keith. He's at the Waterfront in Bangor tonight. If anyone else is going it would be fun to meet up before the concert starts.
Will be there, I am also a member of his fan club and tried to get a pre-party going but not to many people were interested or there are not many Toby fans here that are also fan club members. I will be heading up soon.

Last edited by MAINEr; 07-09-2011 at 01:31 PM..

Old 07-10-2011, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAINEr View Post
Will be there, I am also a member of his fan club and tried to get a pre-party going but not to many people were interested or there are not many Toby fans here that are also fan club members. I will be heading up soon.
I saw your vehicle leaving the concert. We were beside and one vehicle behind you at the light going onto Main St. You can't miss a vehicle that big with a TobyFan plate!

Old 07-10-2011, 07:48 AM

Quote:
I saw your vehicle leaving the concert. We were beside and one vehicle behind you at the light going onto Main St. You can't miss a vehicle that big with a TobyFan plate!
Guess we could have had an after party I think he did a great job, much better than when I have seen him in Portland, he smiled a lot, that was great to see. I hope he comes back to Bangor, weather was awesome.

Old 07-10-2011, 08:11 AM

I loved the beginning! The pyrotechnics at the end of the video set the tone. We had a great time. I got a kick out of the song "that will never be on the radio for obvious reasons." He looked like he had as much fun as we did.

Old 07-10-2011, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I loved the beginning! The pyrotechnics at the end of the video set the tone. We had a great time. I got a kick out of the song "that will never be on the radio for obvious reasons." He looked like he had as much fun as we did.
I love get out of my car. I almost made a sign that said, what would it hurt take off that shirt, because on his fan club website there is a thread on chest shots. He smiled a lot more here than I ever saw him do in Portland. I hope he had a good time.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:22 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
Came home yesterday from a short vacation to Lake Mooselookmeguntic in the Rangely district. I had never been up there.....needless to say.....It Is Beautiful. I was especially pleased with how peaceful.....almost no boat traffic.....and no visible dwellings along the opposite shores....pristine and quiet and serene. We heard and saw loons and a moose and deer.

I used to live very near Lake Winnepeasaukie in NH.....and the contrast was like night and day.

It is beautiful up there. It's been a few years since we have visited that area, now it makes me want to plan for a nice day trip! Thanks for sharing.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarragon View Post
It is beautiful up there. It's been a few years since we have visited that area, now it makes me want to plan for a nice day trip! Thanks for sharing.
They are doing some roadwork on the area known as "Height of Land".....and its down to one lane.....it caused a slow down on that very scenic stretch.....Major Roadwork! We were there just after the 4th of July......and it looked as if they would be working for awhile.....it is probably worse on the week end.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:30 PM

We are having friends from Ohio stop by later.....they have been up to Arcadia.....and emailed me that it is the most beautiful place they have ever been. It makes me proud!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine