Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2012, 06:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,290 times

Advertisements

Hello, We are going to be moving to the Annapolis area this Spring. My husband is going to be a professor at the United States Naval Academy. We have four children ages 2 through 10. I am hoping for a family friendly area that is close to the Naval Academy. The shorter the commute the better! I read on another thread that there were six government "projects" in Annapolis so that made my search for a home difficult.

Here is our ideal community:
Safe
Close to the Naval Academy
Kids can ride bikes
Large yards to play in
Parks nearby
Family friendly
Library nearby and shops nearby

We have only been to Annapolis once ten years ago. We are in need a help and would appreciate any and all that you can provide!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2012, 08:22 PM

1,757 posts, read 5,140,172 times
Are you looking to live near the USNA in downtown Annapolis or 'near' USNA in the suburbs?

Old 10-22-2012, 08:39 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davecj View Post
Are you looking to live near the USNA in downtown Annapolis or 'near' USNA in the suburbs?
I thought it was obvious the poster would need to be in the suburbs to have yards big enough for 4 kids, and for the kids to be able to ride bikes in the street. I hope they realize how small the lots are in downtown Annapolis.

It would help if the OP provided a budget. I thought Edgewater might fit their needs, but I haven't been there in a long while.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:55 PM

13,374 posts, read 27,064,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FamilySAnnap View Post
Here is our ideal community:
Safe
Close to the Naval Academy
Kids can ride bikes
Large yards to play in
Parks nearby
Family friendly
Library nearby and shops nearby
I asked Realtor.com for houses between $400-500,000 with 4 bedrooms or more, on a 1/2 acre lot or more, and less than 10 miles to Annapolis. There are 2 pages of suitable houses in Edgewater, Annapolis, Crownsville, Arnold, Gambrills and Davidsonville. The ones in Annapolis are older and smaller, but would probably be closer to libraries and shops. The other areas are all what I would consider a reasonable commute to the Naval Academy. Most seem to have well rated elementary schools. I am partial to Edgewater, but it may be too rural for you. The nicest newer house was in Crownsville, Davidsonville has new construction. Arnold has smaller and older houses. So, it's just a matter of finding what appeals to you most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland