Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2013, 12:10 AM

1 posts, read 966 times

Advertisements

I know OC has the huge beach the board walk restaurants etc but I"m hearing a lot about thugs taking over the city and a lot more crime these days. Is the same thing happening in Dewey? If you had a family which beach would you choose to spend your vacation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2013, 01:39 AM

3,703 posts, read 4,852,685 times
I have heard of a couple of instances in OC lately but remember that June, with all the high school kids coming down, is over. Ocean City is still a safe place to bring a family. It is still a town where, when something bad happens, it gets state wide coverage because it isn't common at all. Also, the sheer numbers of summer residents and tourists skew the numbers a bit as well when it comes to crime.

I can't say much about Dewey as I'm not familiar with it. However, I have always thought of Dewey itself being a party town. That being said, nearby Bethany and Rehobeth have reputations as being family freindly as well as OC.

Personally, I prefer Ocean City because it is one long strip and it is easy to get to everything. There are plenty of taxis and the bus if you don't want to drive as well. I also like the boardwalk and the fact that wherever you are you are by the ocean. It also joins into Fenwick Island, DE which adds to the length of the strip and attractions. However, I may be a bit biased due to living right outside of OC. In my opinion, Bethany is too small and Rehobeth is just too spread out for my preferences.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland