Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:51 PM

795 posts, read 1,268,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eav1221 View Post
I hate people like you. period. Nobody is trashing anything here.
I laugh at the haters... like this:

Don't get mad at me because I don't want to see your bloomers blowing in the wind... messing up my view.

Seriously, big as the world is... move. Or you can save, buy the beach and let everyone come down there and hang out their laundry while they get a tan.

Old 06-04-2014, 05:50 AM

200 posts, read 620,307 times
Sounds like irrational jealousy from a person who has no idea what poverty really is.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:27 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
I live (rent) in Severna Park near the water. I am a school teacher. I cannot afford much. I cannot afford the community beach memberships, but because I am a resident, my brain tells me I should have the God-given right to walk to a nearby beach to sit and watch the sunset--but nooooooooooooooooooooooo they all say no-trespassing...or all the roads end in someone's mansion driveway. I also think I should be able to hang some clothes out to dry in the summer sun without being asked by a neighboring millionaire that there is an rule against being cost-conscious and earth friendly. Oooooh sorry I Hillbillied up your bourgeois lifestyle with my redneck non-Ralph Lauren 5000 Egyptian cotton towels. Where I'm from, if it's hot and sunny out, we hung out clothes up to dry to save electricity. Not in Severna Park, Land of the Sperry Topsiders, Lexus's, and snooty mansion-living people. Eat it Severna Park. Eat it.

That is all.

Rant over.
It is no wonder teacher's are sliding on the "respected" scale.

What makes you think you have the "right" to trespass on private property without have to pay for it?

You sound like the typical "me" generation, "GIVE it to me, I deserve it"

I certainly would NOT want you "teaching" my kids with your type of attitude.

You want it, you pay for it. it is that simple.

Old 06-04-2014, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I agree that it's really annoying that there is such little water access in places like Severna Park and other areas along the Chesapeake Bay. It does seem to be limited to those with waterfront property and/or boats. I feel your pain.

I really don't understand the appeal of Severna Park. Sure there are some nicer mansions, but most of the housing stock is old and plain, and most of the amenities are in strip malls along Ritchie Highway.

I say move to a place where you feel more comfortable.
Sandy Point State Park is not that far way from Severna Park. A 15 to 20 minute is such a hardship!

People BOUGHT and developed those property's years ago and YOU have NO right to use them "free".

Old 06-04-2014, 10:34 AM

490 posts, read 924,624 times
Quote:
I live (rent) in Severna Park near the water. I am a school teacher. I cannot afford much. I cannot afford the community beach memberships, but because I am a resident, my brain tells me I should have the God-given right to walk to a nearby beach to sit and watch the sunset--but nooooooooooooooooooooooo they all say no-trespassing...or all the roads end in someone's mansion driveway. I also think I should be able to hang some clothes out to dry in the summer sun without being asked by a neighboring millionaire that there is an rule against being cost-conscious and earth friendly. Oooooh sorry I Hillbillied up your bourgeois lifestyle with my redneck non-Ralph Lauren 5000 Egyptian cotton towels. Where I'm from, if it's hot and sunny out, we hung out clothes up to dry to save electricity. Not in Severna Park, Land of the Sperry Topsiders, Lexus's, and snooty mansion-living people. Eat it Severna Park. Eat it.

That is all.

Rant over.

In my neighborhood in Montgomery County, you would be fine for that.....where are you from?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:47 AM

866 posts, read 2,628,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Sandy Point State Park is not that far way from Severna Park. A 15 to 20 minute is such a hardship!

People BOUGHT and developed those property's years ago and YOU have NO right to use them "free".
I'm not suggesting people give up their property or open new public beaches now. I know it won't change, nor am I suggesting that it has to change. I'm just saying it sucks that water access in Anne Arundel County is limited to a couple of state parks or walking along the docks in Annapolis, given how much water there is in the region.

I now live in Massachusetts and there are countless parks, beaches, and small towns where people can experience and enjoy the water. There are also plenty of privately owned homes along the water, too. It's a decent balance.

Old 06-05-2014, 05:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobo16 View Post
I'm not suggesting people give up their property or open new public beaches now. I know it won't change, nor am I suggesting that it has to change. I'm just saying it sucks that water access in Anne Arundel County is limited to a couple of state parks or walking along the docks in Annapolis, given how much water there is in the region.

I now live in Massachusetts and there are countless parks, beaches, and small towns where people can experience and enjoy the water. There are also plenty of privately owned homes along the water, too. It's a decent balance.
Blame the politicians. The County or State could have bought up property years ago and chose NOT to do so. So, the individual people bought it.That is the way it is. Complaining and casting insults against those that DID buy the property is showing a sign of jealousy.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:11 AM

866 posts, read 2,628,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Blame the politicians. The County or State could have bought up property years ago and chose NOT to do so. So, the individual people bought it.That is the way it is. Complaining and casting insults against those that DID buy the property is showing a sign of jealousy.
I understand that's the way it is, and as I said, I'm not saying it has to change. I didn't cast any insults on anyone. I only said that I don't understand the appeal of Severna Park. And no jealousy here; I now live in a place that I enjoy very much.

Old 06-05-2014, 07:05 AM

581 posts, read 1,172,452 times
considering the amount of shoreline that MD has, it is pretty sad that so little of it is open for public access.

Old 06-05-2014, 12:15 PM

1,678 posts, read 3,739,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay jayy View Post
considering the amount of shoreline that MD has, it is pretty sad that so little of it is open for public access.
Well I can think of several other places in Anne Arundel County that have public waterfront access aside from Sandy Point State Park such as Downs Park, Fort Smallwood Park, Quiet Waters Park, etc. I don't quite understand the OP's gripe on that front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland