Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2014, 01:02 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times

Advertisements

SO, tomorrow is the GOP primary for governor. Any thoughts? I don't know much about the candidates.

David Craig seems like a skilled manager, but I know he is not popular with the teachers' unions.

Larry Hogan, founder of "Change Maryland," seems boring to me. Every one of his ads is boring and canned.

Ron George's ads are good, but what are his qualifications?

I like Charles Lollar, but think his chances of beating any Democrat are even worse than the other three.

I am leaning towards not voting in the primary for governor. I will, however, be voting because there are judges on the ballot for Baltimore City. The only one not appointed by O'Malley is Page Croyder, who of course is the subject of numerous negative mailings from both parties and the MSBA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2014, 02:34 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
SO, tomorrow is the GOP primary for governor. Any thoughts? I don't know much about the candidates.

David Craig seems like a skilled manager, but I know he is not popular with the teachers' unions.

As a teacher, who cares what we think. I know I wasn't asked if I supported Brian Frosh and his ads tout support by "teachers".

Larry Hogan, founder of "Change Maryland," seems boring to me. Every one of his ads is boring and canned.

You are correct. He and Craig are likely the most competent.

Ron George's ads are good, but what are his qualifications?

Businessman and Delegate from Anne Arundel County

I like Charles Lollar, but think his chances of beating any Democrat are even worse than the other three.

If Anthony Brown wasn't running Lollar would be the emptiest suit in the primary. Brown just edges him for that.

I am leaning towards not voting in the primary for governor. I will, however, be voting because there are judges on the ballot for Baltimore City. The only one not appointed by O'Malley is Page Croyder, who of course is the subject of numerous negative mailings from both parties and the MSBA.
The reality is that if the Republicans had a real candidate s/he could win it. This is very much like the Ehrlich/kathleeen KENNEDY townsend election, a marginally popular Lt. Governor running to succeed a serial tax increasing Governor. But the Republican have no one.

The elction I'm worried about is for Attorney General, both Cardin and Frosh are gun grabbers extraordinaire and either will go after them with a vengeance. Frosh would likely get his $1/shell tax and go after any semi-automatic firearm. Cardin will go after more classes of gun, like any semi-automatics.

Old 06-23-2014, 02:57 PM

450 posts, read 798,283 times
Hogan probably has the best shot, tomorrow and in November. Craig has a background as a legislator and executive but Hogan has better name recognition around the state.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:21 PM

2,282 posts, read 3,929,742 times
I'm supporting Craig. At least he's been a successful political candidate.

Old 06-23-2014, 03:31 PM

6,999 posts, read 11,293,992 times
I am going Craig too. He took the time to mail me a lot of lit

But seriously, his ads point out that Hogan has donated to the campaigns of folks like Glendening, and Mike Miller. I don't really need that in my GOP nominee........

Old 06-24-2014, 03:56 AM

450 posts, read 798,283 times
Hmmm, Craig might have a shot after all. Did Hogan really contribute to the Glendening campaign? He must have had some particular reason for that.

Old 06-24-2014, 05:09 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,949,402 times
Looks like if I do vote in the primary it will be either Craig or George.

In the general I'll vote for anyone running against Anthony Brown, i.e. O'Malley 2.0.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:29 AM

8,357 posts, read 25,231,290 times
If ya'll want to win you know that your best bet would be on Lollar. He is the only GOP candidate as far as I know with a good amount of support in Central Maryland.

Old 06-24-2014, 12:05 PM

45,329 posts, read 60,500,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
If ya'll want to win you know that your best bet would be on Lollar. He is the only GOP candidate as far as I know with a good amount of support in Central Maryland.

What, 6 voters? Lollar is the poster child for empty suit on the Republican side.

Old 06-24-2014, 09:21 PM

23 posts, read 46,786 times
I mean no offensive. But honestly, if Jesus, Himself came down from Heaven and ran as the GOP candidate as Governor, he would stand no chance of winning in the People's Republic of Maryland.

Anthony Brown vs. Jesus Christ........

who do you think wins as Governor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: