Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 06:10 AM

350 posts, read 1,646,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvagrad View Post
i think everyone likes to jump on lscalder although in this case i'd say it's unwarranted. seems like triniboy and her have some outside beef. who knows? wannabnorcal talked about how she was told black women were whiny, and lscalder repeated something someone told her as well. it's funny how you all missed the intent of her post as trying to parallel what someone else said, instead of jumping down her throat.
I actually missed the post from wannab about black women being whiny- which I don't agree with, and think is a stupid misrepresentation of black women.
lscalder is constantly posting things putting down white people, and if you take a moment to look at some of her posts in other thread, you'll see that. In fact I believe that she said it as a dig to white women, because she perceived the other comment as a dig to black women (which it certainly came across as).
And honestly, even if both of these posters were REALLY just repeating what they had heard, they're both guilty of perpetuating stereotypes.
Now to be completely fair, if neither of them believes the comments, even though they DID NOT AT ANY TIME say that they disagreed with the statements, then I truly apologize for any offense. But only those two posters know for sure if they believe those comments.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 08:01 AM

42 posts, read 193,496 times
Please don`t feed the trolls just ignore them.

Old 12-20-2007, 08:29 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,040,852 times
Is this why people want to move to Maryland? Is it possible to have to many postive threads for non Marylanders to evaluate the state on?

Old 12-20-2007, 12:13 PM

15 posts, read 59,035 times
I moved here for work and school. I regret the decision but it is what it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Is this why people want to move to Maryland? Is it possible to have to many postive threads for non Marylanders to evaluate the state on?

Old 12-20-2007, 03:33 PM

605 posts, read 866,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
I actually missed the post from wannab about black women being whiny- which I don't agree with, and think is a stupid misrepresentation of black women.
And honestly, even if both of these posters were REALLY just repeating what they had heard, they're both guilty of perpetuating stereotypes.
Now to be completely fair, if neither of them believes the comments, even though they DID NOT AT ANY TIME say that they disagreed with the statements, then I truly apologize for any offense. But only those two posters know for sure if they believe those comments.
I don't come to these boards to argue, I just ignore the drama - too much in life as is.
Back to the above post. I have experience with black men, I dated two black guys. I don't base my opinion on anyone else in this world towards black people. They were very good to me, except for the last one who was a bit sexually forceful. Totally uncalled for, but am I going to base all black men on that experience with him? No. that is not what I am about. It also doesn't matter if I believe anything I hear about black women or men. I've met some good, some bad. I do not, however, like the stereotypes people put on black men as being "gangbangers, murderers, and drug dealers"!
My cousin married an undereducated, black man, they are still married, and have the 2 most adorable children, I could ever produce.
With that said, these are my experiences and I have a right to share them.

Old 12-20-2007, 04:03 PM

3 posts, read 14,417 times
Depressing to me - this stubborn focus on color, white, black, men prefer this, women that. Why can't we get past this and just look at one another as people? I recall someone saying a LONG time ago that he wanted his children to be judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin...Pathetic, isn't it, that we still don't know how to live his dream?

America's obsession with race is not something I look forward to when we move back to the U.S. next year. Why can't we just be Americans?

Old 12-20-2007, 08:33 PM

605 posts, read 866,673 times
And T.D. Jakes is by far--one of the most dynamic speakers in this era

Old 12-20-2007, 09:47 PM

217 posts, read 752,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Most black men date white women because they are easy and easy to control just repeating what somone told me.
You replied to this post simply for the reason it had some reference to race. I would think you to be unbearable.

Old 12-21-2007, 06:21 AM

2,039 posts, read 4,554,950 times
Hey, does any one think that maybe there are interracial couples because they love each other? Why most there be an ulterior motive for a black man to date a white women and vice versa? Some people actually do look past color when they find that certain person that makes them happy.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:29 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjg1963 View Post
Hey, does any one think that maybe there are interracial couples because they love each other? Why most there be an ulterior motive for a black man to date a white women and vice versa? Some people actually do look past color when they find that certain person that makes them happy.
Nahhhhh!!!! Couldn't be that!

Great post. Rep will be disbursed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
View detailed profiles of: