Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 08:16 PM

15,427 posts, read 25,795,620 times

Advertisements

Just drove up 97 Georgia Ave all the way to 70. It was a pretty drive. Since moving to Virginia, I have noticed more that Maryland is a beautiful state. It's not as beautiful closer to DC, but further out it's very nice. Just an observation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2014, 08:58 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,206 times
People are always quick to point out the bad things about the state, so it's always refreshing to see someone say that it's beautiful. The mountains especially are quite a scenic place. I've never been much further west in the state than Frederick, but even there the city is beautiful.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:07 PM

132 posts, read 325,019 times
I agree! Maryland is a beautiful state. The Chesapeake Bay area and its boating culture is beautiful. Even the suburbs have very pretty grass and trees along with water in some places. Historic Downtown Annapolis is one of a kind I hear the rural west is really pretty, too. You are also lucky, too. Virginia is also very beautiful. Downtown Richmond, Alexandria, and Historic Jamestowne are all beautiful places .

Old 11-14-2014, 09:15 PM

5,289 posts, read 7,417,247 times
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder! Aesthetically, there are some gorgeous places in Mary's Land! I wish the people could be as beautiful as the lush green pretty grass and trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaMarylandPers View Post
I agree! Maryland is a beautiful state. The Chesapeake Bay area and its boating culture is beautiful. Even the suburbs have very pretty grass and trees along with water in some places. Historic Downtown Annapolis is one of a kind I hear the rural west is really pretty, too. You are also lucky, too. Virginia is also very beautiful. Downtown Richmond, Alexandria, and Historic Jamestowne are all beautiful places .

Old 11-14-2014, 09:32 PM

3,401 posts, read 1,235,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCaliforniaMarylandPers View Post
I was in Annapolis about 2 months ago and it was quite scenic. Ellicott City is another one of my favorites, especially down main st.

Virginia is a great place, too. We go to Williamsburg twice a year and it's always a real nice place, especially in the spring, before it gets terribly hot and the sun gets too bright, the walkways are covered in broken shells which hurt your eyes looking at them with the sun beating off of them. One of my friends just came back from the Shenandoah national park and showed me photos of it. It was absolutely stunning!

Old 11-15-2014, 04:11 AM

16,269 posts, read 10,395,161 times
I agree with the OP, once you get away from the burbs it really is a beautiful state. I know that ride up George Ave well, it's my route home from my friend's in Silver Spring. I like how I can drive 4 miles west and see the Appalachian Mountains or I can drive an hour east and be in beautiful Annapolis

Old 11-15-2014, 04:18 AM

45,336 posts, read 60,500,026 times
This thread just reinforces what WestsideBoy, myself and others say, too many people involved here never leave the I95 corridor and so don't know what else is out there.

The upper Eastern Shore is remote and you can drive for miles and not see another car. Deep in St. Mary's County is much the same. Calvert, not so much, but as small as it is there are remote areas here and in Charles. The Brandywine area is heavily wooded, etc.

Old 11-16-2014, 05:47 AM

1,539 posts, read 2,303,445 times
It really is a gorgeous state. I've lived all over the US (including the Front Range of Colorado) and still, Maryland is beautiful with its diverse landscape. We have had lots of family visit us from the midwest recently and all have been impressed with the natural beauty we have here.

Old 11-16-2014, 01:00 PM

2,283 posts, read 3,929,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
This thread just reinforces what WestsideBoy, myself and others say, too many people involved here never leave the I95 corridor and so don't know what else is out there.

The upper Eastern Shore is remote and you can drive for miles and not see another car. Deep in St. Mary's County is much the same. Calvert, not so much, but as small as it is there are remote areas here and in Charles. The Brandywine area is heavily wooded, etc.
I take Route 301 thru the upper Eastern Shore on my way to New Jersey. I save $10 in tolls and get to enjoy the scenery and overall remoteness of the area.

Old 11-16-2014, 09:43 PM

21 posts, read 44,018 times
I live in Cumberland in Western Maryland AKA mountain maryland. It's gorgeous up our way too. Garrett County has Hemlock forests for days with babbling brooks and bigger rivers. Allegany County is 70 per cent forest.

Last time I was at St. Mary's it really struck me how diverse and amazing the state really is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland