Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2015, 04:42 PM

1 posts, read 847 times

Advertisements

A few months back I bought a sofa set online from urbanloft.com and it is really awesome. The problem is that due to some unavoidable circumstances I have to move out with my family to some other location and so we cannot carry all our house furniture. I was able to sell out almost all my furniture except few out of which the sofa set is the one. The reason why I could not sell it is because its almost new and I am not getting the right price for the set.

I was wondering if someone can suggest me the right place (any online portal) where I can sell my sofa set at price that is worth according to its condition?

Thanks in Advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2015, 05:25 PM

4,899 posts, read 7,447,740 times
Used furniture is like a used car -- loses value immediately.

Craigslist or call a consignment shop.

Old 06-22-2015, 05:57 PM

15,144 posts, read 27,785,743 times
Agree LynchburgLover - plus the fact that MANY will not buy such furniture used (bed bug issues, etc.) - not saying the selling person had/has but...... Best bet is to find a friend that knows you and your cleanliness, etc.

Old 06-24-2015, 11:13 AM

167 posts, read 426,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamingo13 View Post
Agree LynchburgLover - plus the fact that MANY will not buy such furniture used (bed bug issues, etc.) - not saying the selling person had/has but...... Best bet is to find a friend that knows you and your cleanliness, etc.
My brother bought a few household items off Craigslist, some which I helped him haul to his house. He bought a sofa of undetermined age. It was solid and didn't appear to be too worn. The price he paid ($100) would have prompted me to look at new furniture first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland