Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2015, 02:44 PM

103 posts, read 287,391 times

Advertisements

Hey, I wanted to start a thread about news and info about our local amusement park. Thoughts, discussion, etc, can be posted here, too.

I go there with my kids often, have been going since it was Adventure World and not "Six Flags." I think it has gone uphill and downhill in the last 10 years. For one they removed a lot of the non roller coaster rides without replacing them, it seems like they've been mostly adding water and kiddie attractions lately and nothing on the thrilling side. They removed the Two-Face roller coaster a while back and replaced it with a child like coaster, I still don't know why they would have taken it down in the first place. The apocalypse roller coaster they added a couple of years back seems okay, but it's not that great, either.

What I do like is that the service is better, they spruced the place up, made it look nicer, and are more consistent with attractions. How do you guys feel about the park?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2015, 01:50 PM

3 posts, read 2,588 times
Is it a 3y/o friendly park or more for older kids?

Old 01-02-2016, 02:56 PM

103 posts, read 287,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by morcoffee96 View Post
Is it a 3y/o friendly park or more for older kids?
It's a nice park for all ages. They have 2 kiddie sections for your three year old (Looney Toons Movietown and Whistletop Park).

For your older kids, there are about 7 or 8 thrilling roller coasters I think, some good non roller coaster rides, and a giant waterpark.

As far as safety, I'd say don't let your kids go to six flags by themselves until they're of high school age. If they're in middle school, you can go to the park with them and split off and let them do their own thing with friends, etc, while you're there doing your own thing, and if they're younger than middle school, it would be safe to have them with you at most times.

Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 AM

7,084 posts, read 9,590,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyTevis View Post
Hey, I wanted to start a thread about news and info about our local amusement park. Thoughts, discussion, etc, can be posted here, too.

I go there with my kids often, have been going since it was Adventure World and not "Six Flags." I think it has gone uphill and downhill in the last 10 years. For one they removed a lot of the non roller coaster rides without replacing them, it seems like they've been mostly adding water and kiddie attractions lately and nothing on the thrilling side. They removed the Two-Face roller coaster a while back and replaced it with a child like coaster, I still don't know why they would have taken it down in the first place. The apocalypse roller coaster they added a couple of years back seems okay, but it's not that great, either.

What I do like is that the service is better, they spruced the place up, made it look nicer, and are more consistent with attractions. How do you guys feel about the park?
I think it is a sufficient place to go for the local teens. Is it for adults? No. Is it world class? No. Will it win awards for the best rides? No. Should people expect 4-diamond service quality as in a hotel or restaurant? Certainly not. But is it good enough to break teen summer doldrums? Absolutely. Will I take my son when he gets old enough? Certainly.

What is the alternative in the DC area? Kings Dominion is too far. Especially dealing with the traffic on I-95.

Old 01-09-2016, 08:15 AM

1,616 posts, read 1,812,465 times
six flags is dope!

Old 01-11-2016, 10:01 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,936,508 times
I'm a bit of an amusement park junkie and I think Six Flags kinda sucks. For the size of the market it has cornered, it should be a much more impressive park with bigger rides, more rides etc. SF America tends to get left over rides that other SF parks don't want. Like the "new" stand up coaster, which is terribly painful. So I would make the extra effort to visit Kings, BG, Hershey etc. if you really want high quality rides.

However, because SF fails to really capitalize on the market, SF is nowhere near as busy and it's dirt cheap compared to the larger parks that are further away. They offer crazy deals on season passes that the other parks don't offer making SF a great park for the money and convenience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland