Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:28 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmt48 View Post
Thank you! I am not relocating with children. A realtor friend of my cousin's suggested Greenbelt.

I will look at the Waldorf area. What area is nicest and safest in Waldorf? Is Sheffield Green (?) a nice complex?
or
WHat areas and streets should I stay away from. I want a quiet, respectable area.

Can I trust a realtor to direct me to the correct area? or are they only looking for commission?

Thanks again

Waldorf is nice as is Brandywine like I said.Waldorf Traffic is no different than if you're coming from anywhere else.Not knowing where you will be working kind of hurts.Clinton it's self has some very nice neighberhoods.I would check a map ..some of the info is misleading and you need to look for yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 02:55 PM

9 posts, read 27,043 times
The commute is not too bad. It may take between 30 minutes to an hour depending on traffic. The good thing is that your headed away from the major flow headed toward D.C. I grew up in P.G. county and you'll notice that must people that talk about the county negatively don't live or come from it. The county is booming in growth and home to the most affluent minorities in the country.

Old 06-30-2008, 04:03 PM

1,890 posts, read 1,563,796 times
Quote:
Are the sketchy areas obvious to the potential renter? or do I have to go back at night and so what goes on?
For the most part, yes you can tell day or night. If I sound prejudice, don't mean to be - but in my opinion and 39 yrs of Maryland living avoid complexes with "garden" or "village" in their name.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:54 PM

Location: Silver Spring, Maryland / But still having San Diego / Eastlake withdrawal damn it !!!
340 posts, read 1,412,673 times
Quote:
Are Calvert and Charles county commutes 20-30 minutes to Southern Maryland Hospital area?

Is it true that I should avoid the beltway if moving to Greenbelt?

or

Will I encounter the SAME traffic from Walford or N. Calvert or Charles County?

I do not know the area at all!
Like a previous poster said Charles Co. does have alot of traffic and N.Calvert is where I would go to look for housing if it were me. I have a brother that lives in the North Beach / Chesapeake Beach area and just loves it. He commutes to South East Washington each day. Clinton would be an even easier commute.

Since you are going to work in Clinton , I would not even think about living in Greenbelt. If living in PG county is what you want I would try Clinton or Upper Marlboro.

Just a FYI, we are a Military family and move every three or four years. I have learned not to rent apartments anymore. I always find a good realtor that handles leased properties and have them find us a condo when we didn't have kids and now we always get a townhouses since the kids came along. SOMETIMES and I say SOMETIMES apartments are noisy and can attrack the wrong elements (of all races , there are idiots of all races). Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland