Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-26-2008, 09:17 PM

1 posts, read 2,645 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are starting a new church in Westminster, MD and one of the visions for our church is to be multi-ethnic. My wife and I are African American and our denomiation is the Church Of God In Christ (C.O.G.I.C.), primarily African American Pentecostal. But I am having problems finding an African-American, Asian, Latino, etc. community within Westminster to go and minister. We live in Randallstown, so I am not too familiar with the Westminster area.

Also, eventhough we will be worshipping at the Community Center, we are looking for an affordable place to hold worship services, bible study, and beable minister to the community by providing food and other servcies. Any help is welcomed. "You have not because you ask not."

Last edited by 7th generation; 12-27-2008 at 07:25 AM.. Reason: please do not advertise or promote your church. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-27-2008, 11:10 AM

339 posts, read 1,518,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Daniels View Post
starting a new church in Westminster, MD and one of the visions for our church is to be multi-ethnic.... But I am having problems finding an African-American, Asian, Latino, etc. community within Westminster to go and minister. We live in Randallstown, so I am not too familiar with the Westminster area.
Well it's not surprising that you are having difficulties finding the communities you mentioned. If you take a couple of minutes to quickly research the U.S. Census Bureau Website (Census Bureau Home Page), you will see that the listed demographic profile for Westminster's population is 91.3% white, 5.5% African American, 1.2% Asian, 1.8% Latino, etc. So there are people representative of the communities you seek in Westminster, but they make up a significantly smaller part of the population.

Randallstown, which you are no doubt more familiar with since you live there, has a very different makeup than Westminister with 72.1% African American, 2.2% Asian, 1.5% Lantino, etc.

It imagine it will be extremely challenging to build a multi-ethnic church when the church itself is not based in a very multi-ethnic area. But who knows what the future will bring. Demographics do change over long periods of time. Good luck.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland