Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2009, 07:09 PM

5 posts, read 13,535 times

Advertisements

Hi i live in nyc and want to relocate to maryland. Some have suggested montgomery county as the best county while others stated howard county and then others anne arundel county. Can you give me some info on the three counties with feedback of what they have to offer. PLEASE

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 06:02 AM

11 posts, read 57,620 times
I would suggest Olney MD(Montgomery county). I have been there and it is awesome, safe place to live at. We live in Europe now and plan to relocate to Olney, MD too, but the problem is that we have to rent an apartment for about 1000-1100$/month, but in Olney there are only one apartment complex, and the rentals are not so cheap...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:55 AM

924 posts, read 2,605,048 times
Where will you be working? What is your budget? Do you want to live in a busy area or more of a quiet suburb? Do you want to live by the ocean? Do you want to live in the more rural areas of Southern MD?

MD is a small state but has a lot to offer... Give us some more details so we can help narrow it down for you...

Old 08-01-2009, 06:59 AM

789 posts, read 2,564,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SILKYK View Post
Hi i live in nyc and want to relocate to maryland. Some have suggested montgomery county as the best county while others stated howard county and then others anne arundel county. Can you give me some info on the three counties with feedback of what they have to offer. PLEASE

Thanks
lol..21 yrs ago I moved from NYC to Montgomery County and never looked back. Like the other poster said, we need more details before advising you.

Old 08-02-2009, 06:53 PM

5 posts, read 13,535 times
Ok lets see. I dont know exactly where i will be working because i am not transferring. I would have to look for a Job before i get there. I would like to live in a surburban area nice and quiet. Being that i am from nyc the ocean im not sure of because i am not used to it. So for now i would say rural area maybe not to far from an ocean about 20 min away or so.

If anyone knows about long island or westchester county in ny some place like that. Otherwise a place where i can get to work in about 20 min. I am an electrician so i guess i would need to work in a corporation of some sort. My budget would be in the range of 1000-1300 a month. I want to move into a condo, or townhouse to start until i get familiar with md. No young kids so thats not a problem. Being that i am moving out there and dont know the bad areas i dont want to get trapped into an area that looks nice and is strictly gang related or just a bad area.

Old 08-18-2009, 05:39 PM

8 posts, read 12,138 times
I lived in Frederick County MD for 18 years and I love it. I live in Middltown MD the entire time. If you still want the city feel of nyc then its deff not the place for you. but its very laid back and sorta slow moving area, but I-70 is 5mins away incase you needed to go to the city say for work.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:33 PM

8 posts, read 23,519 times
Default I vote for Howard County!!

Hi,

Good luck on your move. I grew up in Howard County (Columbia) from age 11-21 and loved it. I moved to Montgomery County (to be closer to work) and never found a place that I felt safe. I lived in Germantown and Silver Spring. I was a victim of a crime in Silver Spring and never looked back after moving to Howard County again 2 years ago. The area of Howard County that we moved to is western (Dayton). I love it here. The houses are running about 625k now, but we have a ton of land. There are more afforable houses near us. Shopping and entertainment is only about 10 minutes away. I still work in Mont Co, but I'd rather be on the road for 45 minutes than have my sleep interrupted by sirens!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland