Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2009, 04:52 AM

25 posts, read 75,775 times

Advertisements

Hello, I am 23 years old and currently working on securing a contract on a home in Hagerstown (1/2 acre property for $185,000). I currently live in an apartment in Westminster with my girlfriend and commute to work in Rockville. With our great timing, the two of us are now having problems, and I have two options if we were to break up within the next month.

Should I keep moving forward with the home purchase, stick it out for about five years, and then move on to something else OR move in with my father who lives near Westminster, pay off a $5,000 debt and save up $8,000 for a down payment over the next year so that I can then purchase a home where I would rather live. I'd personally like live in the Arlington, VA or Columbia, MD areas.

My concerns are that if I move to hagerstown, I will have an entire family home and property to maintain (not so bad perhaps), and I feel I'll be quite alone up there. It seems more family oriented with not much going on in the way of the younger singles crowd. In addition I've already moved far from my friends - I never see them anymore as it is. If I move in with my father, well, how would you feel moving back in with your parents after essentially living on your own for a couple years!

If there is a younger singles scene in Hagerstown, please do let me know. What do you think I should do, if this route is the way things go for me? Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland