Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-27-2012, 06:31 AM

1 posts, read 805 times

Advertisements

I lived in Michigan all my life. Outside the City is where I live. I would love to leave Michigan and relocate myself to Massachusetts. I just have no clue where to start. I am very peaseful and love the laid back life. Just dont know what part of Massachusetts is suited for me......Anyone have any ideas? Any ideas would be highly appreciated. Thank you.
Need:
Economy info,
Cost of Apts, Houses, ect..
Job rate.
Disabilty living, Independent

Yes I can find all this on-line but prefer getting info from someone living in Massachusetts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2012, 09:36 PM

5,816 posts, read 15,919,305 times
Economy: There is no guarantee about what will happen in future recessions, but this state as a whole has weathered the recent/current recession fairly well. A lot of this has to do with the fact that Boston and its suburbs have a diverse, relatively stable economic base. In western MA the economy in general is not doing as well, but it depends on the local area where you live. That's a very brief look, but it would be easier for people to make suggestions with info from you on what field you work in, just how far from the city you need to be, whether a somewhat rural suburb or exurb would do or you'd really need to truly be in the country away from even the fringes of any metropolitan area, etc.

Cost of housing really depends on the community. Houses in the Boston metro area are averaging in the mid to high 300's the last I read, but can be a bit lower or much higher depending on the community. 1,000-1,500/mo. is fairly typical rent (not including utilities) for a 1br apartment in much of the Boston area, but again this depends on the locale. It might run a bit lower in not-so-desirable areas, and can be twice as high or more in high-end neighborhoods. I'm not sure quite what the housing costs run outside of Boston and its suburbs, but the general tendency is that they will be lower in the rest of the state, though still most likely higher than you'd find in a similar area in Michigan.

Pay: Really depends on the field.

Disability services or accomodations: It would be easier to answer this question if you provided information on what kinds of services or accomodations you need, and what you're asking about specifically--state-funded services, state regulations on required accomodations, typical availability of specific adjustments to construction, etc.

People here might also be able to give you a better picture with some info on why you want to move here. With that info, we can get down to some nitty-gritty about how close MA really is to what you're picturing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts