Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2011, 04:53 PM

2,154 posts, read 4,427,403 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know of any stores that sell GREY color slacks in toddler sizes in the South Shore area, even in Rhode Island if I have to go there? Need them for my son's school uniform as the store the school deals with does not have them small enough for him. I am looking for the kind that generally come in khaki, black and blue- we just need grey which has been impossible to find.

Also looking for plain button down collared shirts where collar is buttoned down. Everything I am finding doesn't have the collar buttoned down or they have designs on the shirt. I didn't think it would be this difficult to find dress clothes for a little boy.

Any help is GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2011, 07:23 PM

4 posts, read 8,142 times
Lord & Taylor has boys tousers usually have grey more in spring, also Nordstrom. They have toddler sizes. The collored shirt with buttons was on Old Navy dot com.

Old 08-22-2011, 07:40 PM

56 posts, read 285,726 times
You might have some luck at Collegiate House (collegiatehouse). I know it's north of where you'd like to look, but if you give them a call, they might be able to point you in the right direction. My mother used to take us there to get fitted for school uniforms every year.

Have you looked at Land's End? (Landsend.com - go to "School Uniforms" tab.) They are also pretty affordable and are great quality.

Finally, I'd give the school a call. I'm not sure if this is your son's first year at the school but I'm sure other parents have been in your predicament and can give a good website/store to purchase clothes. Additionally, they might have some spare clothes laying around (I know we used to have a book swap at the end of the year, and swap uniforms that were too big/small/the wrong grade) to get him through the first few days.

Old 08-22-2011, 08:01 PM

Thank you both so much!! The smallest the school had in pants and shirts were 4T and they were HUGE on my almost 4.5yr old (he is just 30lbs)

No grey pants at LandsEnd.com that was one of the sites I did check. I didn't think about Nordstrom but will definitely check them out. Also same with Lord & Taylor and good call on Old Navy- white oxfords for 10$! Awesome

Never heard of Collegiate but looking into them now

Thank you both so much

Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM

Ok, no luck at the sites above except for the shirts. Grey, and not the dark grey but lighter grey, is such a hard color to find in size 3T pant.

Old 08-23-2011, 11:33 AM

613 posts, read 2,308,469 times
Try Walmart. Their website has a "school uniform" section under clothing. They have a lot of basics. My Aunt always bought my cousins' uniforms from Walmart. I'm not sure if the clothes are available in the store or if it's just online.

Another option is the Dickies website - dickies.com

Old 08-23-2011, 12:09 PM

8 posts, read 24,670 times
Try Gymboree. I always have luck with uniform pants and shirts that do not require a logo. Also, the Gap seems to have a good deal of uniform type clothes this time of year, as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts