Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 09:07 PM

4 posts, read 8,908 times

Advertisements

Hello I was looking for some information on Douglas, MA from people who live there or have lived there before. I'm considering relocating to the area and was wondering what people thought of it, I like the rural setting of the community and I also have young children that would be attending the schools, I have heard bad things about neighboring towns like Webster and was wondering what the atmosphere was like in Douglas and of course honest opinions about the school system..Thanks for any help I appreciate it..
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 10:03 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Douglas is a mostly rural town, nothing at all like Webster. Never lived there but know a couple of families there and are very happy where they are and with the schools.

Old 09-29-2011, 07:31 AM

Thanks for the input MassNative I really appreciate it!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:35 PM

23,542 posts, read 18,693,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niecey33 View Post
Thanks for the input MassNative I really appreciate it!
No problem!

Old 09-30-2011, 05:47 AM

4,422 posts, read 6,257,302 times
Douglas has grown a lot over the last 20 years, mainly because it still appears rural despite being in a great location. It's just 5 minutes from Route 146, and you can be in Worcester and Providence in 20+ minutes. It's schools are decent and crime is very low. The real estate stock is good because much of it is still fairly new. It's grown a lot compared to other towns. In 1980, it had just over 3,700 people, and in the 2000s, it was over 8,000 and counting. Another plus is that it has it's own high school, so your kids won't have to be bussed 30 minutes to another town. I know many people who were raised there, and many have returned there after college to raise their own families, and were very happy doing so. P.S. Don't be co nfused by my location. I'm a transplant from S Worc County.

Old 09-30-2011, 07:56 AM

Thanks New Texan That was very useful information, I appreciate you taking the time to respond..Best wishes...

Old 03-14-2012, 07:39 PM

6 posts, read 19,435 times
Default A great community to raise the family

Have lived in this town for over thirty years and raised a family. There are pluses and minuses and always town issues. The school system is made up of a k - 12 and is a member of a vocational school system (blackstone valley tech) that eigth graders can apply for. While taxes may take a hit in the next few years, the Town, is building a new middle school as well as a multi million dollar renevation to the elementary school. The faculty at all schools are exceptional. Due to the small size of the school there are a number of scholastic and athletic programs. Douglas is known for it's award winning bands that have won numerous trophies and awards. Todate, no taxpayers have been charged a fee for bussing.

If you have any further questioins, do ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts